account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Unable to find compatible headphones anymore

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Unable to find compatible headphones anymore

I still have my old trusty Neo V, but since I listen a lot to music and audiobooks my (cabled) headphones tend to break by the tear and wear of the connector in my pocket. That was not a problem until recently, as I was always able to get a compatible headset relatively easily. About 6 months ago the only one I was able to get at a mobile phone shop here was a Nokia stereo headphone that had an extra adapter which would convert to a Neo V jack and finding them was trick. Now this adapter has problems with the cable, and I ordered online some headphones that stated they were Neo V compatible, but they aren't. 

I understand that the compatibility issue stems from the segmentation on the jack for which there are 2 (only) separate ways to connect the segments (from what I understand the mic connection is the culprit). Is there a way (search term) to look for such an adaptor? Looking for Neo V in the compatibility list of a headphone isn't helpful anymore it seems, as it is too old now.

Please help.

1 REPLY 1
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Unable to find compatible headphones anymore

Hi and welcome @kgeorg!

The Xperia Neo V uses the OMTP standard when it comes to how the wires are connected to the 3,5 mm connector.

You can either check for a OMTP headset, use an adapter or just go with normal headphones (no mic).

More infro about the different headset standards can be found here: http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/Problem-using-headset-accessory-not-supported/m-p/347872#U347872