account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Unable to connect with BLE accessory

Rookie
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Unable to connect with BLE accessory

Hello! I have a Sony Xperia Z phone with 5.1.1 Android. My wife also has the ZR model with the same Android.

I bought a Bluetooth SMART (aka 4.0) heart rate monitor to use with sports apps, but I cannot pair it in any way.

The HRM appears on the bluetooth list (I know the pairing is not possible there, it must be done in the app). Some BLE sniffing/listing apps see the HRM and kinda can pair with it, they just disconnect right after and it seems no data is transmitted. Also the popular sport apps fail to pair with the HRM.

How I can proceed? I know my phone lists Bluetooth 4.0 as a feature, so I will return it as a defect one if it won't work soon!

5 REPLIES 5
Genius
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Bluetooth 4.0 / BLE / SMART / Low Energy

Hi @314sami

Please, from your Home screen try the following:

1. Tap the Application screen icon.

2. Find and tap Settings -> Apps.

3. Swipe to the All tab.

4. Find and tap on Smartconnect.

5. Tap Force stop -> Clear data.

6. Restart the phone.

I´m at disposal for any question.

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Emperor
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

@314sami

You should contact the app and the smart HR band, which brand is it? model? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hi @314sami,

Heart rate monitors and other fitness accessories often uses ANT+ which, to my knowledge, the Xperia Z/ZR does not support.
If you are unsure if the HRM you've purchased uses ANT+ I would go with @uliwooly's suggestion and contact the manufacturer for more information

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for quick replies. The HRM is "SMAR.T Pulse", brand is possibly Teasi as there are www.teasi.eu links on the package. At least it mentions Bluetooth smart on the device and on the package many times, so it should be compatible. As I said, I have seen the device in the bluetooth menu and in the various sniffer apps, but I'm not able to pair it.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Re: Unable to connect with BLE accessory

I've looked around on the website you linked and as you say the only requirement listed is Bluetooth 4.0. Since you've tried to connect the HRM with two different phones, both of which failed to connect, I suggest that you either contact Teasi directly or that you bring the HRM back to your retailer.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.