account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

USB connection to notebook

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

USB connection to notebook

I have recently had the hard drive of my notebook reformatted and it is now impossible to connect my Xperia M C1905 to the notebook.  I get the usb connection symbol on the top bar of the phone but it is not charging nor will pc companion          recognise the phone.  No problems connecting to my pc or this tablet before it was reformatted.  Checked device connections and it shows that drivers are missing. Attempted to download drivers from Sony site but phone not recognised - Catcha 22!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Talent
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: USB connection to notebook

I think u should first install ur motherboard drivers then try to install phone drivers
Inhabitant
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Please explain in lay terms - how do I download motherboard drivers?  Thank you for trying to help Slightly smiling Face

Talent
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Well try visiting your motherboard manufacturors web site, find exact type of motherboard youre having and download chipset drivers. Or in case of notebook, find exact type you have and install/update chipset drivers from manufacturors website. And try to change USB port youre sticking USB cable in, sometimes it works

Talent
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

if u hav windows update on then the all missing drivers for ur installed devices on ur system will automatically download