account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

[UPDATED]Still no update for the C6603 (LTE) variant in India

Message 1 of 35
Message 1 of 35

[UPDATED]Still no update for the C6603 (LTE) variant in India

UPDATE:

4.2.2 update finally available for the C6603 Generic IN users! :smileysmileythumbsup:

Old Post:

Alright now this is simply ridiculous! While the rest of the world has received 2 major updates, we C6603 users are still stuck with the buggy 4.1.2 (10.1.1.A.1.253) firmware. What I fail to understand is that the lower variants ZL and C6602 (HSPA+) recieved them long back. Then why hasn't Sony released anything for the C6603 users. I mean it's their frigging "Flagship phone of the Year" for heaven's sake!

Besides as far as I know, the C6602 and C6603 variants are exactly identical and run the same piece of software. So why the delay?

Also before anyone tells me to shoot up a mail to the Sony Support Team, I already did that! And this is the reply I got:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/13/y5y4ymes.jpg

Yeah, that's right! According to them, the C6603 variant was never released by them. I'm sure that the things I mentioned above were riduculous, but this one definitely takes the cake!

So just so you know, I've probably tried everything I could. I waited patiently for over a month, even wrote to their "good for nothing" customer support, but to no avail. Thus I am writing over here as a last resort, hoping that someone from Sony pays heed to our situation. It's almost as if they have disowned this device! *SMH*

34 REPLIES 34
Master
Message 2 of 35
Message 2 of 35

Re: Still no update for the C6603 (LTE) variant in India

Unfortunately we don't have any information on when software updates are released for specific markets.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Message 3 of 35
Message 3 of 35

I guess you're missing my point. I am not interested in the ETA. I just want to know whether we C6603 users will be getting any updates or has Sony completely forgotten that they had released a C6603 variant in India. Because going by the screenshot that I posted above, it sure looks like the latter.

Master
Message 4 of 35
Message 4 of 35

Can you send me a PM with your IMEI number and SI number?

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Message 5 of 35
Message 5 of 35

I have a C6603 bought from Europe and I can confirm I received the latest update today. Thanks Sony!

Message 6 of 35
Message 6 of 35

Sent!

Visitor
Message 7 of 35
Message 7 of 35

I have a C6603(LTE) in the UK and no update can you look for me too?

Master
Message 8 of 35
Message 8 of 35

What I checked was that his phone was intended for the India market. I can not check when updates will be available.

Visitor
Message 9 of 35
Message 9 of 35

Well blow me a response from a mod about up dates. I guess there's a first time for everything

Message 10 of 35
Message 10 of 35

Great! Just great! Practically the entire globe has received the 4.2.2. update by now. We are probably the only Generic network who are still stuck with the buggy 4.1.2. Kudos Sony India! Angry Face