account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

**UPDATED 5/10 (Features Request) Walkman/Music Unlimited integration

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

**UPDATED 5/10 (Features Request) Walkman/Music Unlimited integration

UPDATED 5/10/14

Dear Miko Ishida and team

Great update on the latest Xperia Walkman app (8.3.A.0.5). A Big thank you for Maiko Ishida and the development team for the amazing new interface and Music Unlimited improved integration. However, even it is a step in the right direction but I have some requests that I hope to be included in future updates:

Most of these features/ideas are taken from Music Unlimited on PS Vita. I broke it down into sections for easier readability. I added the requests from my first post as well!

General
Please add the following

1) Include an option to separate Music Unlimited tracks from the track stored in the phone’s internal/external memory instead of having them mixed up. For instance including a “Filter By” icon to give us the option to display Stored Music, Music Unlimited Music or Both.

2) Include an option to store the offline music @ 320kbps to external memory

Search
Please add the following

1) Whenever searching for a track in Walkman App and results show up under Music Unlimited section, there is a small triangle (corner) next to each track name. Clicking on that will display a pop up menu, that menu only contains the following options "Add to, Queue, Create Artist Channel"

It would be great if three more shortcuts to be added to that pop up menu:
"Artist related info" (takes you to the artist page of that track with Top Songs, Discography, artist appeared on and related artist)
"Album" (takes you to the album that contains that track)
"Share Song or album"

2) Download Individual tracks instead of only playlists.

3) Include “Track Popularity” rating in the search results

4) Add a "Filter By" icon or drop box next to Discography under an Artist Page with the following filter options (Albums and Singles, Albums, Singles, Artist Appears On)

5) Add a "Sort By" icon or drop box next to Discography under an Artist Page with the following sort options (Popularity, Release Year, A-Z)

6) Add "Related Artists" section after Discography under an Artist Page

Channels
Please add the following

1) Long press on a channel icon under (premium, genre, mood and era) to display a pop up screen with options "Available Offline" and "Channel Information"

2) Long press on channel icons under (My Channels) to display a pop up screen with options "Available Offline" and "Delete My Channel"
***This currently cannot be performed under the Walkman app. I have to go to the Music Unlimited Standalone android app or the website to delete My Channels

3) When playing a track from Music Unlimited results include an option when tapping on the cover art (Now Playing Page) to display an icon shortcut for "Album and Artist Details" below the already existing "Thumbs Up" (Like) and "Plus" (Add to)
***three doted icon would be a good option!

My library
Please add the following

1) Add “My Library” icon shortcut in sliding main menu with the following tabs “Artists, Albums, Songs and Playlists”

2) Long press on an artist pic or clicking on (corner) pop up menu to display an option to "Create Artist Channel"

3) Long press on an album pic or clicking on (corner) pop up menu to display options to "Add to" and “Delete Album from My Library"

4) Clicking on the song (corner) pop up menu to display options to "Add to" and "Delete From Library"

5) Clicking on Playlist (corner) popup menu to display "Playlist Info" containing name, number of songs and length of playlist.

Featured Playlists
Please add the following

1) Long Press on the Playlist pic to display a pop up menu with following options "Playlist Information" and "Add to library"

2) Display # of tracks in the featured Playlist page

Home Page
Please add the following

1) Add “You Might Like” section on main page based on music liked

2) when clicking on an album or track cover art from music unlimited add an option to 'share album" and "Artist related info"

Playlists
Please add the following

1) Ability to reorder tracks in playlist. This option is only working properly on PS4 and Vita

2) Include an option to share Playlists with friends who are subscribed to Music Unlimited from the Walkman App in addition to the website

That’s what is on my mind so far.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: (Features Request) Music Unlimited/Xperia Walkman app

When Music Unlimited is enabled, it connects to the network everytime when I open the Walkman. 

I live in Brazil, and mobile networks aren't great here. So when I access the Walkman it tries to connect, but the network is slow and the Walkman stays frozen trying to connect to the network. 

My suggestion is: Not to frozen while connecting. It would be more interesting if it could connect in background, without frozing the app. 

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: (Features Request) Music Unlimited/Xperia Walkman app

Spoiler

Dear Mods, 

Can you please forward this thread to Miko and the development team. I put some time writing this thread, and would like to get some feedback on it

Regards

K. Badwan