account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

UPDATE ERROR AND WONT START UP

Rookie
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

UPDATE ERROR AND WONT START UP

Hi, I really need help. My Sony Xperia Z1 won't start up anymore after i ran a update through Sony Bridge For Mac. I have charged the phone for more than a hour, but all it seems to show is "The software update failed. Make sure your phone is connected to a computer and try again". How do i fix this. 

PLEASE HELP Worried Face

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: UPDATE ERROR AND WONT START UP

Try force restart(power button+vol up until the phone vibrates)

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Rookie
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

HI, Thanks for the reply though i have already tried that over 1 million times and nothing seems to change.

Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Try to charge the phone more,retry the repair.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Thanks again for another reply. When i press the power button and Voloume +. All it does is vibrate and then i have to click the power button again which will show the SONY logo and the same error message. 

Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Normally,a force restart does not need another tap on power button,just power button + volume up at the same time,the phone vibrates once and restarts).I still think you should charge the phone several hours,try again the repair.If still not working,visit a nearby sony center.

Rookie
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

I'll try that

thank you 

Visitor
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Ohhhh I have the same problem!!!! and when i connect to the energy, the celphone turns on and off all the time!!!

Rookie
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

I have charged my phone for several hours and when i do a restart nothing seems to happen. Is there another solution.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

I suggest taking the phone to a sony service,because you could damage it otherwise.