account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Twitter in Timescape doesn't work

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 24
Message 1 of 24

Twitter in Timescape doesn't work

Hi all,

So I always used timescap to update my twitter.

But now, when I try to post a new message, it just says: "can't update twitter".

The weird thing is, it does update twitter and I can receiver updates from people I follow.

This means that the account and twitter is working, but I just can't update my own status.

Then I just Seesmic, to see if it's a problem with my account. But that just works fine.

The main difference between timescape working and then not, is that I was on holiday in America.

There, it worked fine. Then I got back in the Netherlands and all of the sudden I can't update my status anymore.

While in America, my X10 updated the time wherever I went.

Back home, it didn't update the time automatically, so I did it manually.

That's the only thing I can think of that changed.

Does anyone know anything I can do? (besides restoring the phone).

I don't know if i'm the only one with this problem, if not, there must be some sort of solution for it.

thanks in advance.

23 REPLIES 23
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2 of 24
Message 2 of 24

Re: Twitter in Timescape doesn't work

just got my x1o mini pro. i cant log-in to twitter using timescape cant even login using a app. twitter in the browser works just fine. whats up wit that?

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 3 of 24
Message 3 of 24

same problem here, i wonder if some1 did solve this without factory reset ?

Oracle
Message 4 of 24
Message 4 of 24

Look at the thread Help in the More Like This box on right of screen. Not hugely descriptive of solution but seems to have worked.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 5 of 24
Message 5 of 24

I already did a factory reset and deleted everything.

I used SEUS to just reïnstall the whole software.

Still, no results. It still doesn't work.

I really don't know anything else I could do about it then that.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 6 of 24
Message 6 of 24

Long Time to see, Looks like i figured it out and with total luck

All i have to do was setting my input method to Android KeyBoard and disable all word suggestion settings

anyway after everything was solved, i wanted to know what was i doing wrong so

switched to SE keyboard and tried it out once more

on web browser it signed in normally

on Timescape and every other application it didn't - kept tellin me wrong password - and i was sure i was typing it right

so how did the problem happen ? my guess is that the auto suggestion was rewriting my password after i finish it, anyway i just wanted to share that solution for future refrence

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 7 of 24
Message 7 of 24

Thanks for trying to help, but this doesn't solve the problem.

I can login on twitter through Timescape.

I do receive updates, just can't update my own status.

Encountered more people with the same problem, still no solution.

Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 8 of 24
Message 8 of 24

I have the same problem.  My SE Xperia X10 isn't accessing twitter from Timescape. I can still access twitter from Twicca and from web browser on my X10.

There is a problem on the new authentication method on 3rd party Twitter apps. Please read the official statement from Twitter http://blog.twitter.com/2010/08/twitter-applications-and-oauth.html

This is the last paragraph:

"Fortunately, developers have known about our transition to OAuth since last December, so they’ve had time to update their apps. And many apps, including Echofon, TweetDeck, Twitterrific, Seesmic, and Twitter for Android, iPhone, and BlackBerry, are already using OAuth. We appreciate the work and time that developers have invested in this update in order to keep you safe."

That means SE knew about the transition since at least 8 months ago Anguished Face, but didn't update the Timescape app but didn't do anything to keep us (the end users) up to date, or at least informed.!!!! Slightly frowning Face

I really want an official statement from SE on this subject!!!.... and obviously the Timescape update ASAP!!!Angry Face

Angry Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 9 of 24
Message 9 of 24

Timescape is working here ...

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 10 of 24
Message 10 of 24

You mean... Twitter account on Timescape....?