account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Turn off camera sound?

Visitor
Message 5 of 29
Message 5 of 29

Turn off camera sound?

Hi!

I like my new Xperia Z1. But one things annoy me and that is the chimesound when I activate the camera. I want to be able to activate the camera with the shutter button without any sound what so ever. Is this is possble? Didn´t find anything in the sound- or cameramenues.

Thanx.

Topic edited by Rickard

28 REPLIES 28
Learner
Message 1 of 29
Message 1 of 29

Sound when launching camera app

Hi all --

Do you know how I can disable the sound when launching the camera?

Thanks

Sage
Message 2 of 29
Message 2 of 29

Re: Sound when launching camera app

By quick launch (pressing the shutter button) - it makes a sound, you can't disable it, the only way to not hear it is to enter silent mode (or vibrations only).

If you launch it from the screen it won't make any sound.

----------
When everything have failed already, try to read the manual.
Kudos mean I am helpful. Am I for you? Then support me back Slightly smiling Face

Learner
Message 3 of 29
Message 3 of 29

Thanks. It is really a pitty it can't be disable when using the shutter button because this ability to launch rapidly the camera is great (but this sound...!)

-cheers-

Sage
Message 4 of 29
Message 4 of 29

yeah.. it's annoying sometimes :/
----------
When everything have failed already, try to read the manual.
Kudos mean I am helpful. Am I for you? Then support me back Slightly smiling Face

Emperor
Message 6 of 29
Message 6 of 29

Re: Go into stealth mode

I second that request, I haven't been able to find a way around it just yet 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 29
Message 7 of 29

Re: Go into stealth mode

There's no setting to turn off that specific sound (but i've forwarded it as feedback) but if you put the phone in silent mode (hold volume down) there's no sound when starting the camera.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 8 of 29
Message 8 of 29

Re: Turn off camera sound?

If you are rooted you can use xposed installer and download a module called z1 camera tweaks which gets rid of the sound

Apprentice
Message 9 of 29
Message 9 of 29

Agree, for me its a confuguration issue, not a feature
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 10 of 29
Message 10 of 29

Xperia Z1 Camera sound on start up.

Hi.

I was wondering how to remove the sound of the camera when you start the app up. Its like a jingle and I find it quite childish if so.

Thanks guys