account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Troubles With 4.2.2 update (India)

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 23
Message 1 of 23

Troubles With 4.2.2 update (India)

I did the 4.2.2 update yesterday and now facing several issues

1)  DCIM/thumbnails folder in Internal memory(SDcard0) is being filled with cache file(with some .xyz extension) of 2 GB which is eating whole memory

2)  When clicking the 'Transfer to SD card option' in  'storage' settings it shows 'Storage has suddenly stopped working' and  goes back to settings again.

3) Lost the swipe option in unlock screen to access the Walkman app ( was in 4.1.2)

4)Cannot see the default 'Clock' app in 'Daydream' in Display settings

22 REPLIES 22
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 23
Message 2 of 23

Re: Troubles With 4.2.2 update (India)

If you would like to repair/reinstall the phone software you can do so using the same program as you updated with and it shouldn't need download the firmware again.

Adviser
Message 3 of 23
Message 3 of 23

Hi Johan,

Can you please find out about the ability to play Live Channels in YouTube? This hasn't worked since firwmware 15.0.A.2.17 and up. It just freezes after a few seconds of play back and I hear scrambled audio. YouTube videos and all other audio plays perfectly fine. It is just the Live Channel section that has problems.

I've tested on other Sony phones such as the Xperia Ion, Xperia T and Xperia SP, and there are no issues. I'd like to know if I'm the only one or all Xperia L devices have this problem. I would think so since there are no issues with 15.0.A.1.31 and 15.0.A.1.36.

Thanks.

Inhabitant
Message 4 of 23
Message 4 of 23

I would like know if any1 else is also experiancing these troubles.Would repairing solve the above problems?? Else i am going to loose my data for nothing

Apprentice
Message 5 of 23
Message 5 of 23

I updated to android 4.2 (15.3.A.0.26) the app data is getting stored on device memory instead of internal memory. In previous version 4.2 app data was getting stored on internal memory. Is there a QA team associated with the development? Do you guys even test your products before releasing it to the end users? And the data useage statistics of the internal storage is not accurate..

I have been a hardcore fan of sony ericsson since past 7 years and have used over 15 sony phones sorry sony ericsson phones and this is my first sony phone. May be ericsson was the one which deserved the appreciation. Sony has lost it.

And selecting move data to sd card option crashes the settings menu.

If you do have a QA team they..

Your about to lose lot of customes.

I hope you people fix this issue ASAP

Apprentice
Message 6 of 23
Message 6 of 23

Reparing wont solve the problem.. I tred it thrice.. Still the same problems exists..

Adviser
Message 7 of 23
Message 7 of 23

Hi HemanthKumarHC,

Would you mind checking the YouTube application and try to play any Live Channel to see if it plays properly for 2-3 minutes?

In the YouTube application; tap the top left to open the menu and select Live then play any channel.

Thanks.

Rookie
Message 8 of 23
Message 8 of 23

i am having problem with following things 

1)  When clicking the 'Transfer to SD card option' in  'storage' settings it shows 'Storage has suddenly stopped working' and  goes back to settings again.

2)and when i try to browse on google chrome my phones reboots on its own 

3) also still no support to set external SD card as default installation directory even cheap micromax has this option bez of this i canot install more then 2 gb data games Slightly frowning Face

4)when i try to pull down the notification bar with two fingers.. the notification bar dosent drop's down... and further more the notification bar.. doesen't work further after that.. and one has to reboot the phone to make it work again.. 

pls atlest fix basic probles asap i am going to perform a repair task and see its its works HELP SONY!!! 

Message 9 of 23
Message 9 of 23

when i try to pull down the notification bar with two fingers.. the notification bar dosent drop's down... and further more the notification bar.. doesen't work further after that.. and one has to reboot the phone to make it work again..

Talent
Message 10 of 23
Message 10 of 23

I dont have such probs with notification bar

you can repair your software and see the problem persists..

Regarding thumbnails folder files, atleast now we can access the thumbnail folder and delete the unnecessary files now manually..

In previous firmware it was not possible because such cache files were in device memory which we cannot access and resulting in eating up of the device memory..Sony has done the right thing in using internal storage for app cache..i think we can clear them manually now..

Camera has been improved a lot (less noise, more sharper)..But we have to increase the ISO to 800 (instead of auto), Because in low light in AUTO mode the images are underexposed..the ISO 800 images are sharper than the previous firmware,

The screen lock sound is very low ,

overall, good update as of now..Will have to wait and see for the bugs