account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Trasfered Contacts from SIM, but they doesn't show in contacts list neither in favorites! Whats WRONG?!

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Trasfered Contacts from SIM, but they doesn't show in contacts list neither in favorites! Whats WRONG?!

Hi!

Just got my Xperia Arc. Copied contacts from old nokia to sim, than transferd contacts from sim to Xperia arc, but in result can't get to them! They does not appear in contact list neither in favorite liste!

Thanks in advance!

10 REPLIES 10
Visitor
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Trasfered Contacts from SIM, but they doesn't show in contacts list neither in favorites! Whats WRONG?!

Go to Contacts, Press the Menu key [rightmost] and then select filter and then select the numbers you want to display. Select the telephone contacts and check the box for all contacts. voila!

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Re: Trasfered Contacts from SIM, but they doesn't show in contacts list neither in favorites! Whats WRONG?!

Yes, nokia has the filter, but I don't see one in Xperia. Cos when I press the rightmost key Xperia shows only six boxes (new contact/delete contact/settings/send contacts/import contatcts/back up contacts). Maybe I missed something...

Visitor
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

I checked on my arc and I could see the filter option. Which android version do you have?

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

info shows 2.3.3.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

SIM card contacts showing - ''Contacts imported''. But the bottom right key when pressed shows only 6 options as I mentioned. In the beginning I thought too that there must be some filter option. But DAMN IT - just cant find one! Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes

Visitor
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

There are some news for you, there is an update to 2.3.4. Yay!! new SW for you.

Use PC Companion or SE Update Service to update your phone to 2.3.4

Visitor
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

First update then we will see. Post back here after updating.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Well thanks mate! I do it right away!!!! Hope it's going to work for me! Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes

I'm very grateful for helping me!

May the force be with your Xperia Arc! Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

It WORKED!

Big thanks man! You saved the day! Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes