account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Traditional video calls - possible on Xperia Pro?

One time poster
Message 171 of 176
Message 171 of 176

Re: Traditional video calls - possible on Xperia Pro?

Hi sony,

i purchased sony xperia s within few days of its launch in India. However just realised that it doesnt have a simple function of video call. I am really disappointed with it and heavily regretting my decision to go for sony instead of samsung.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 172 of 176
Message 172 of 176

Hi

I am not satisfied with your explanations.

Look at ALL Samsung Android phones with front cameras.

eg. Galaxy S / R / W / SII / SIII Note series, ALL can do 3G Video Calls without 3rd party apps.

Message 173 of 176
Message 173 of 176

SONY - PLZ  listen to ur consumers and provide VIDEO call feature as patch for Xperia....?

So many posts and nobody from SONY is listening , I think ..........?

Otherwise being helpless they will switch to other vendors which provides this feature.

At least in INDIA where this feature is available and also it is very cheap .... INDIA is very price sensitive country.

So provide a patch for both Gingrbrd & ICS to enale VIDEO CALL feature through UMTS i.e. 3G n/w.

I am little confused - this forum is for issues which SONY is supposed to listen & resolve -

but where is the resolution after so many discussions/posts?

One time poster
Message 174 of 176
Message 174 of 176

Hi, I brought Xperia Neo V 2-3 week back and got very exited Using many well balnced features... but was shocked after realising that Neo V n other Sony Xperia.. Android phones does not support 3G Network Video Calling.... I was sometime using 3G Video Calling with  SONY P1i to Sony J 105i & J108i....

I want to know  how to use Gtalk VIDEO Calling on Neo V.... Please.

Message was edited by: sachinmalusare29

One time poster
Message 175 of 176
Message 175 of 176

Hi all,

I am also suffring from the same pain. I thought I could use the third party apps like skype or gtalk. but it is quite difficult to cope up with the price.

Eight minutes of video call consumes 300 mb of data which costs Rs 100 in India. But if I compare it with the normal 3G video call price which cost only Rs 3 per minute. It means for calling Eight minute it will cost only Rs 18.

So for getting  feature which could cost Rs 3/ minute is costing Rs 12.5/ minute. Isn't it amazing. SONY is having so many experts in its R&D. But I think SONY is not caring his customers.

One time poster
Message 176 of 176
Message 176 of 176

Please everybody vote yes here : talk.sonymobile.com/polls/1246 to make sony listen to