account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Touchscreen top part not responding

Visitor
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Touchscreen top part not responding

Ok wierd problem on my Xperia Z. So the top part of the touchscreen 2cm in width right below the sony logo is not working. So I cant pull down the menu with the notifications and other stuff. It doesn't work in other parts of the phone menus. Here is the wierd part it works in the lock screen. Wierd. Any thoughts or ideas before I throw it out the window. And i hope the next update has some serious bug fixes because I am also seeing reboots, freezes, lock ups battery drain is just awful with this update. I have already done factory reset, repaire tried everything. And the phone is not rooted. Sony really **bleep**ed us over with this phone. 

9 REPLIES 9
Emperor
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Touchscreen top part not responding

Test your phone 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sonymobile.androidapp.functiontester

must likely its a hardware issue and you will have to take it to a Sony repair center

Don't forget to give Kudos (Click on the half star + )

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Also, open all the flaps and look for a rectangle in each compartment, they might be white, pink or red, if the rectangles are anything other than white then there's water damage.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Does the notification bar work in landscape mode?

Emperor
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Only if its connected to the dock, or with certain apps it will work on landscape without the dock 

Visitor
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

This part of the screen doesent work. But you can pull the notification bar normally. Like I said it only works in portrait mode on the lock screen. 

Emperor
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Take it to a Sony repair center 

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Hello, guys I'm having the same problems as yours. The notifications bar isn't responding, it's Android 4.3. I would like to ask Sony Developers to fix this issue but I don't have their email. If you could find their email, you could inform it to them and ask them to fix the issue.

O_o
Learner
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

its working in landscape mode :/ m also facing this problem 

One time poster
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

I'm facing exactly same problem as described too.