account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Touchscreen malfunction while press/hold to record.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Touchscreen malfunction while press/hold to record.

When i press and hold the screen to record a voicemessage or a video in for instansce whatsapp or snapchat or facebook messenger - then it often "cuts off" after a few seconds. Very annoying. I often have to try and record the same message many many times before it finally works.  Is the screen really so sensitive and unstable?  Anyone else have this problem? 

7 REPLIES 7
Apprentice
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Touchscreen malfunction while press/hold to record.

I have this problem as well. I am trying to get a refund at the moment due to other problems with this phone.

Emperor
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

@Leynad

Does your phone has a protective film? you should contact the app developers regarding this issue. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

yes it has a protective film. 

Do you mean the apps i mention - whatsapp, snapchat and facebook messenger? It can hardly be their fault? The problem  is in the screen, not the apps! 

Emperor
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

@Leynad

Remove the film > restart the phone > check again. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

removing the film did not help. The problem remains. Slightly frowning Face

Emperor
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

@Leynad

Settings > about phone > diagnostics > test the phone. 

Apprentice
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Did not help.