account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Took Backup in 4.3 and Upgraded to Android 4.4, Now Backup tool is Not Detecting Backup

Highlighted
i5
One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Took Backup in 4.3 and Upgraded to Android 4.4, Now Backup tool is Not Detecting Backup

Hi Friends,

I am using Sony Experia E1 Duel, When I bought, the cersion was 4.3 (Jelly Bean).

A week ago I took backup for Contacts, Conversations, Settings etc of my phone using default (inbuilt) backup/restore tool.

Then I upgraded my cellphone to Android 4.4 (KitKat). Now The same tool is not able to detect that backup (yes backup is there in my phone in .sme something folder)

Please guide me, how can I restore my backup now? Is there any PC app for restoring backup?

Please note, Don't suggest me to find a phone with 4.3 (Jelly Bean) and to restore backup in it..!!

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Took Backup in 4.3 and Upgraded to Android 4.4, Now Backup tool is Not Detecting Backup

You cannot restore on a different firmware.You can check out this topic:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-S-SL-acro-S/How-can-I-extract-contacts-from-dbk-file-on-my-comp...

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Commissioner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Took Backup in 4.3 and Upgraded to Android 4.4, Now Backup tool is Not Detecting Backup

Besides the above advice also note that you may not really need to restore anything because an upgrade like this doesn't delete any data such as contacts, your settings, conversation, apps should be there safely.

But while upgrading if there was a kind of error, power failure, battery out of charge then there are chances that you may have lost something or everything. You mostly loose data when you repair your phone.