account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Timer alarm does not work when screen is off

Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Timer alarm does not work when screen is off

I went to use the Timer built into the Clock & Alarm App today and the alarm refuses to go off when the screen is off. If I tap the screen to wake the Timer alarm immediately sounds. I have used this is in the past and I'm sure the Timer alarm used to work with the screen off. I'm wondering if an update has broken it or is there a setting I need to set. I would prefer to use this app then have to go and find another in the Play Store.

Alarms work when the screen is off/locked. It is just the countdown Timer that doesn't work.

4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Timer alarm does not work when screen is off

Could you test it in >>> safe mode ? by any chance, do you have stamina mode on?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for your response. I don't have Stamina mode on. I've been playing with the settings and I've managed to get the Timer to work. I'm not sure what I did, but it seems to be working now.

John

Emperor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Perhaps an app was acting up, what you could do next time if you ever encountered this issue is to boot in >>> safe mode

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Genius
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

If you received marshmallow you may want to add the timer app you are using or the stock clock app into the lists of app to skip optimization.

Go in settings, battery, three dots top right, battery optimization, drop down menu, all apps. Select Clock, then Don't optimize. Try if the timer works with screen off. Slightly smiling Face

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!