account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Time to say goodbye to Z5 Prem??

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Time to say goodbye to Z5 Prem??

I hav e had the Z5p since november. The WiFi issue was a dissapointment and took a looong time before it got better, still not perfect!

Also the update to 6.0 Android was way to late.

I have had minor issues the whole time it seems. But now, I think its time to say good bye! 

Got a couple of drops on it this weekend while taking pics with my friends in a pool! No probs with that right? (I have had non waterproof phones getting more water on them)

After that, the phone goes bananas! Going in and out of  "headset mode" and volume going up and down all the time leaving the phone pretty much useless.

THEN, going into "safe mode"  Not possible to get out of it!?!? Had to do hard reset a couple of times befor it came back to normal!

NOW, The volume goes down all the time, I turn it up..... It goes down. and the "slide down" volume thingie comes the whole time and I cant use the phone!

Really dissapointed! A phone costing almost 1000$ (8000Sek) with theese issues and poor quality. Seriously SONY?

Now I´m going to turn it in, Maybe getting a Samsung or whatnot, dont know!? Or will SONY help with this?

Looking forward to a reply in this matter!

Br

/Gunnar Holmström

8 REPLIES 8
Emperor
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Time to say goodbye to Z5 Prem??

What you described it's a clear volume button hardware issue. Contact your local support to get it inspected.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

I'm very sorry to hear that Slightly frowning Face

From what you are describing, i recommend that you send your phone in to one of our service centres so we can investigate this and fix your phone. Based on your account, i see that you are located in Sweden. You can order a service directly from our webpage here.

The reason the phone goes to safe mode is because of the volume button not working properly. If vol- is pressed while the phone starts it goes to safe mode.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Thanks for quick reply!

I have turned it in at the dealer where i bought it! 2-3weeks!? OMG! Gonna be very interesting to se whats said about it!?

Especially since it started after getting a little water on it!?

Ahh well time will tell....

Meantime i got the smallest Samsung since Jesus was born! Dizzy Face

Spoiler

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

@gundeho

If they tell you that it's water damaged, request a vacuum test. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

I have the Z5 Premium but not had that happen as yet. But did get the problem with headset mode on my Z3+ which is still just under a year old.
Inhabitant
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

OK! So they couldnt fix it att the normal repairshop? And had to send it somewhere else!? How many weeks now?? Sony! A premium phone should just be switched out!!

Aktuell status för din inlämnade produkt

InformationEr apparat är vidareskickad till en annan verkstad
StatusSKICKAD PÅ EXTERN SERVICE

Referensnr

187618-05
Emperor
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

@gundeho

I understand your frustration but this is a user based forum, make sure to send your feedback directly to Sony >>> Local support

Adviser
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

I just changed from a 2month old z5 premium to a s7 edge and have never looked back. Z5 got way too hot, headphone socket packed in and never felt that fast. I love the samsung, seems to be a different league