account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Throw from Walman app does not work

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Throw from Walman app does not work

With the latest Walman update 8.0.A.0.4 the Throw function does not work anymore!

I have a Brava TV 2011 and it works correctly with Walkman app on my Xperia Tablet Z but not from my Z1.

Walkman versions are different, Xperia Tablet Z did not get the update (it's not yet available).

I have to wait Sony to fix the problem or there is another solution?

3 REPLIES 3
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Throw from Walman app does not work

Could you please elaborate in more detail.

What happens when you try to use the throw feature? Do you get any error messages?

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

I got no errors message, simply it doen't find any render on the LAN but the tablet Z found it.

Also seem that the "throw search" function on Z1 cause TV instability; after many retry the TV will go off-line or also the Xperia Tablet Z is unable to find the TV... really strange thing.

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Ok I made some other tests.

It seems that the problem is present when both Z1 and Tablet Z are connected.

So Tablet Z found the TV and Z1 cause TV instability.

If I turn off the tablet, the Z1 (after a few retry) is able to find the TV and stream audio.

Problem, anyway, is not solved because tablet Z search automatically a render and I would be able to use both devices.