account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Three 4G Super Voice

Talent
Message 11 of 25
Message 11 of 25

Re: Three 4G Super Voice

I am a three customer yes and I did flash the. 200 build and the option still wasn't available.
Inhabitant
Message 12 of 25
Message 12 of 25

I have also tried and it is not available so they must make so modifications at the distribution centre before the handset is dispatched or they only allow access by way of IMEI
Kindest Regards,
Andrew Robinson.
Inhabitant
Message 13 of 25
Message 13 of 25

I have a z5 on stock 3 firmware. And there is no option for volte/supervoice . I think it just works if your in the area. I could call over 4g without it switching back to 3g
Inhabitant
Message 14 of 25
Message 14 of 25

Just waiting for Three UK to release the Marshmallow update for the Z5.

I have installed the Z5 O2 UK software and under settings no VoLTE option as this network does not support, however in the #*#*#4636#*#* settings shows the VoLTE provisioned flag is on, so maybe this means the software is enabled now for it and we just need to have a supported carrier.

I will put the software on and use Three SIM card and report back when I have tested.

Kindest Regards,
Andrew Robinson.
Enthusiast
Message 15 of 25
Message 15 of 25

VoLTE / 4G Supervoice E6883 three.co.uk

Does anyone know if the E6883 will be able to use VoLTE on three.co.uk network?

I know that it I would have to be in VoLTE enabled area (Central London), but does the setting for VoLTE need to come from three.co.uk in order for it to work, or does it come from Sony?

Is the VoLTE only between VoLTE handsets?

Talent
Message 16 of 25
Message 16 of 25

Re: VoLTE / 4G Supervoice E6883 three.co.uk

Dude, I'm using Xperia Z5C E5823, and I'm also on Three network but there is no option for VoLTE setting in my phone. I asked Three and they said the firmware on my phone should be Three's own customised software. So if you are using a sim free phone from other retailers and you are also on Three network, right now, there is no way unfortunatelySlightly frowning Face
Emperor
Message 17 of 25
Message 17 of 25

What @G94N said is correct, if 3 has the Z5 compact then you could flash your phone using xperifirm or flashtool, otherwise there's no way to have this option.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Inhabitant
Message 18 of 25
Message 18 of 25

OK.

I have been doing some research and testing lately with my Xperia Z5 (E6653) running the latest Three UK firmware build: 32.1.A.1.163-R4C on the Three UK network SIM.

Here are my findings:

1. VoLTE is available on the handset when in an area with coverage.
  2. There is no icon shown on the handset near the signal indicator to give a clear indication that it is in use or connected.
  3. There are no settings available for this network feature available on the phone in the 'Dialier' application or 'Call Settings' or 'Network Settings'.
  4. The only way to tell when you are making a call over VoLTE is that the network indicator remains on 4G during a call instead of dropping to H/H+ etc.
  5. I have also had discussions with the Three UK network team to clarify point 4 and was able to have it confirmed that I had made VoLTE calls on the network and connect to the 800 MHz frequency.

Currently I can see 2 clear ways to enable VoLTE.

1. Purchase your phone directly from them, not through a 3rd party such as Car Phone Warehouse etc.
  2. Flash the Three UK firmware to your handset if you are an advanced user, if you do not know how to do this, I wouldn't suggest trying.

Hope this helps.

I have now moved to EE and as another point of interest, although I have not purchased the phone from them, I have also flashed the EE firmware to the handset, and I am able to use WiFi calling with a SIM only plan, which is contradicting to what the networks are actually informing people.

This seems more or less like announcing new network features and advanced technology to improve coverage, but in the process, deliberately trying to lock people out who do not only pay for network access but also the phone from the network.

Kindest Regards,
Andrew Robinson.
Enthusiast
Message 19 of 25
Message 19 of 25

@Foddersin

Is there a "3" firmware for the Dual SIM E6883 before I start looking into how to flash the phone?

Inhabitant
Message 20 of 25
Message 20 of 25

1bit,

From what I can see the Xperia Z5 Premium Dual SIM is not a phone that can be purchased or gained on contract and also from checking XperiCheck.com no carrier firmware is available.

Kindest Regards,
Andrew Robinson.