account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Three 4G Super Voice

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 25
Message 1 of 25

Three 4G Super Voice

Has anybody had use of or been able to enable this on the Three network.

If so which build software are you using?
Kindest Regards,
Andrew Robinson.
24 REPLIES 24
Talent
Message 2 of 25
Message 2 of 25

Re: Three 4G Super Voice

Finally someone else who's concerned about this! I'm on Three as well, I bought the device from Three on a pay monthly contract, but I believe it was before the release of .200 update when I flashed generic firmware rather than Three's customized one. Not after a long time, I received a message from Three saying that 4G Super Voice is available, but no matter what I couldn't find the option in the settings. A couple days ago, I wrote to Three's Facebook page and they replied to me saying that "it is not available on generic firmware, only on Three customised one". It's a shame really. People go and buy this device from various places and they do not have Three customized software installed. I seriously believe Three is trying to keep this VoLTE thing to themselves as an "extra feature" in front of other service providers but this is not the proper way to do it. Just make it available on generic firmware and people would be able to use it with whichever SIM card they want, depending on the availability of the service, am I right? I seriously hope Marshmallow update fixes this...

Talent
Message 3 of 25
Message 3 of 25

Me too.! Same problem and I'm on three.. There should be an option under mobile networks to enable VOLTE but it's not there
Commissioner
Message 4 of 25
Message 4 of 25

Also to me with Vodafone, but I'm on a generic ITALIAN firmware

There should be opportunity to handle it, differently from brand operator

In 2016 is ridicolous to not be able to handle it properly
Message 5 of 25
Message 5 of 25

Same with EE WiFi calling
Inhabitant
Message 6 of 25
Message 6 of 25

@G94N,

Since you say you have flashed the generic firmware, are you able to flash the Three custom firmware using flash tool?
Kindest Regards,
Andrew Robinson.
Talent
Message 7 of 25
Message 7 of 25

I've flashed the latest three firmware and the option still did not exist so went back to UK generic!
Talent
Message 8 of 25
Message 8 of 25

Tmobile Cz has the option tho.. But I prefer the 4g icon to the LTE one 😂
One time poster
Message 9 of 25
Message 9 of 25

Volte support for d6653

Any sw update for volte support for d6653
Inhabitant
Message 10 of 25
Message 10 of 25

So I understand properly.

Are you a Three UK customer and saying you have tried to flash the latest .200 build sotware whilst using the Three SIM card and do not have the option?

Or using another company SIM card expecting the option to show?

Kindest Regards,
Andrew Robinson.