account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

The problem with the screen on the Sony Xperia P. If you increase the screen brightness to maximum, the white color begins to turn into a green.

One time poster
Message 11 of 18
Message 11 of 18

Re: The problem with the screen on the Sony Xperia P. If you increase the screen brightness to maximum, the white color begins to turn into a green.

I have tested my phone and I can also attest that a color shift happens at a certain brightness.

At at around 400 cd/m² the phone seems to switch either color profiles or enables the extra white pixels. If its a (faulty) color profile it can be fixed with a update, if its a hardware related we are boned.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=26933403&postcount=249

You can look at that post, I measured my phone and the switch happens at exactly 72% (402 cd/m², 71% is 398 cd/m²), but this can be different at any phone so you have to try it yourself.

But i have to agree with Johan, the switch happens when many other phones are already at 100%. I keep my phone at 33%, thats more then enough for most indoor use in the subway and on cloudy days.

One time poster
Message 12 of 18
Message 12 of 18

Re: The problem with the screen on the Sony Xperia P. If you increase the screen brightness to maximum, the white color begins to turn into a green.

i hve d same prob.. when u open a blank white page n tilt d phone color do drain n luks pathetic

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 13 of 18
Message 13 of 18

i think sony should be aware that a user might want to turn on FULL brightness indoor!!!

such an option for color adjustment to increase readibility should only happen if light sensor detected stronge light. otherwize it should keep colors intact without change.. or better, it should be option to such funcion to be turned on or off..

i believe it is a bug... because i noticed this issue yesterday, when my some of my screen colors turned to lemon color, even while i was indoor and it is set to auto-brightness..it was like that for a minute then it turned to normal... upon further investigating i encountered the issue the people experiencing here when i set it to full brightness.

i love the device..but issues with screen colors is unacceptable Anguished Face

what we should do now?

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 14 of 18
Message 14 of 18

I hope it resolves the problem with an update .... or at least find a way to disable the whitemagic technology, without sacrificing autobrightness.

One time poster
Message 15 of 18
Message 15 of 18

I am experienciing the same issues with bad color reproduction and I notice it doesnt seem to matter what brightness setting I have on either full or auto or power saving. I have a few observations, yellows look more like greens especially on solid colours such as banners on the internet check out the bbc sport site which uses yellow banners these are yellow on my xperia u but green on my xperia p! Yet a photo seems to show yellow clearly as yellow eg yellow jersey on tour de France photos. Even the smiley above is green on my xperia p butt yellow when I view this forum on my ipad. you camt expect us to be happy with these colour shifts what is going on Sony?

One time poster
Message 16 of 18
Message 16 of 18

Bought the phone today. Same problem here, the colors change at 68% percent. Streets on Google Maps are yellow below 68% and ugly-green above.

One time poster
Message 17 of 18
Message 17 of 18

Hey i am Xperia P user too , i found a solution on China Website.Download '' Screen Adjuster'' on PLAY STORE

Adjust blue+7 contrast-20 check out the different.

To me I adjust blue+10 contrast-20 ....i hate that yellowish screen.

http://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail.php?f=569&t=2720758 (China Website)

Sorry for my broken english XD

One time poster
Message 18 of 18
Message 18 of 18

as everyone in the post has purchased ur XPERIA P in 2012 it has brightness adjustment sysmbol just smilar like u adjust the sound !!!!!!!!!!!

but since the product of dec12-jan13 doesnt have such issue my xperia p has just two option in it either too keep the brightness low or high .

i had set the brightness too high n is good enough

if am in need of more birghtness in the sunlight i turn on the backlight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so new xperia p with ICS dont have any issue of screen turning yellow or green !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!