account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

The problem with the screen on the Sony Xperia P. If you increase the screen brightness to maximum, the white color begins to turn into a green.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 18
Message 1 of 18

The problem with the screen on the Sony Xperia P. If you increase the screen brightness to maximum, the white color begins to turn into a green.

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2 of 18
Message 2 of 18

Re: The problem with the screen on the Sony Xperia P. If you increase the screen brightness to maximum, the white color begins to turn into a green.

just get my xperia P, i do notice that it have a bit green or yellowish screen when the brightness is 100%, but that is during indoor, when in out door, undersunlight it look normal.

100% brigthness is just too bright, compare to my sg2 (362 cd), it is 3 times the brigthness (950cd), and it hurt the eyes, only usefull when used under sunlight, other then that just set it auto adjust or 30%

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 3 of 18
Message 3 of 18

Re: The problem with the screen on the Sony Xperia P. If you increase the screen brightness to maximum, the white color begins to turn into a green.

An XDA user said there's a software update available in China that fixes the problem of colours

Let us know

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 4 of 18
Message 4 of 18

I'd like to hear something from Sony  about that. Is a software or hardware issue and will be fixed in near future?

The problem is evident also with automatic brightness outdoor when the screen brightness is automatically increased

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 5 of 18
Message 5 of 18

Hi. Same problem here!!!

When bightness is set over 75%, or to automatic but you're outside all colors produce an incredible distorsion!!!!

Yellows turn into greens, orange into brown... c'mon that'n not normal!!

This image show perfecty this annoying situation!

http://cs10833.userapi.com/v10833637/8f4/2CveS_42CTA.jpg

Please Sony answer to this!

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 6 of 18
Message 6 of 18

On a chinese forum users had an update that seems to fix the problem

http://bbs.gfan.com/mobile/android-4200258-1-1.html?extra=page%3D4

An xda user said

Reply 6 and 20 says the screen is not yellow any more and screen adjuster is no longer needed

But they said there is no change in the version number

It would be nice to have confirmation from Sony

In italian forums people talk alot about this issue and several sent the phone back because of color issue.

After the yellow tint problem of XS display, the green problem of XP.

Please Sony hurry up with an official statement or you will loose all customers

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 7 of 18
Message 7 of 18

How is possible Sony hasn't given us a feed, for such a annoying issue like that? I got a silver version of Xperia P, beautiful design, decent battery life, but OMG, how that's possible to see that chromatic alteration? First time in my life I see suck a weird thing on a cellphone.

It that's White Magic magicness, please Sony stuck with Reality Bravia.

Chat with Sony didin't helped at all, sorry but gonna return it.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 18
Message 8 of 18

Thanks for your feedback.

When the screen is set at high brightness levels slight colour shifts may be experienced for some specific colours and user scenarios. This is because the technology, at high brightness levels, deliberately adjusts colour reproduction in order to maintain readability, contrast and preserve battery life. The intended user scenario for high brightness setting is outdoors and the screen will automatically, thanks to the light sensor, adjust brightness in order to get a great viewing experience even in direct sunlight. Sony recommend users to maintain the screen settings at factory default in order to make full use of the technology and get the best viewing experience from Xperia P.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 9 of 18
Message 9 of 18

When using automatic brigthness

-Outdoors: brightness is increased and colours shifts, yellow looks green

-Indoors: brightness is decreased and white looks more like yellow when compared to other phones

So can you tell us the exact amount of light (in lumen) needed to experience normal colours?

You are just telling us what we already know, that increased brightness cause a shift in colours.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 10 of 18
Message 10 of 18

I got my SXP in silver yesterday. The look is nice and it seems that my phone does not suffer from dead pixels, loose cover at the bottom or missing WLAN connectivity. However, I have the same problem with the yellowish look on the screen. But I experience it slightly different. When using automatic light or lower the brightness it gets yellow/green/gray, well simply ugly. (PS: a lemon on the internet looks like a lime (green instead of yellow). If I adjust full brightness, it looks pretty "normal". Comparable to the iPhone 4 "white". So I wonder if Sony offers a software update solution or if one has to choose other options.

If Sony doesn't mind, please reply with an problem solving answer.