account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

The front camera does not work after the last update sorftware

Highlighted
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

The front camera does not work after the last update sorftware

Hi, all I really need help with this issue.

I have my sony Xperia M one year ago, I have the latest software update for this phone, since I updated it, I can not use the front camera to make video calls, I am forced to use the rear camera and obviously I can not see the person with whom I speak. When I am entering to the camera application in the options menu of this application, not appears front camera option, it is as if there were no front camera on my device and before the upgrade it worked.

I really want to have again my front camera back, if someone can help me to fix it I will be very glad.

3 REPLIES 3
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: The front camera does not work after the last update sorftware

Hi @SeleneDragonfly,

Welcome to the community.

Can you please test your phone in safe mode and see if the same thing happens?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hello Cameron.

I started my mobile in safe mode right now and the same thing continue happens.... Slightly frowning Face

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

@SeleneDragonfly,

It could be a hardware fault. To be sure, I recommend running a software repair first. If it is software related, this should fix it.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.