account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

The IMEI is not valid

Adviser
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

The IMEI is not valid

I have just brought a xperia M4 Aqua and have been trying to register it on the sony site yet everytime i put my IMEI number in it keeps saying The IMEI is not valid ye the number starts with 35 and is 15 numbers long getting frustrating as i have tried for hours and tried everything i can think of.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: The IMEI is not valid

Sorry to hear that you have issues registering your phone.

Did you manage to solve the issue? From what i can see here you have a M4 Aqua with a proper IMEI registered in your account.

EDIT:

@Hampus just mentioned that you sent him a PM as well with your IMEI so it was he who added it. You should see it in your account now. Please let us know if you still don't see it.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Hey! Slightly smiling Face

Were you able to finally solve the issue?

I am having the same problem when I tried to register my Sony Xperia M4 Aqua to mysupport page. An error message says "IMEI not valid'.

I tried doing it again and again, entering one number at a time and counting if it's 15 digits but I still get the same error message all the time. 

What should I do with it?

One time poster
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Even I'm facing the same issue. I've M4 Aqua Dual and it is not accepting the IMEI1 and IMEI2 also.

Apprentice
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

I have some problem with v5 ultra dual. what can I do now?
Apprentice
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

sorry c5 ultra dual
One time poster
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Re: Welcome to the Forum, please introduce yourselves!

Hi everybody. I'm Saulo from Mexico.

I recently (5 days ago) bought an Xperia m4 Aqua, which is an awesome phone but last night someone stole it and now I'm trying to find it registering my phone by IMEI but I'm not able to register it on the section "add a device" in " my support". Even thought I write my correct IMEI it still saying that it is incorrect. May someone help me, please? Slightly frowning Face

One time poster
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

I have a z5 premium and have the same problem
Rookie
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

I have not been able to register my M4 Aqua either. I keep getting the error message Invalid IMEI number. Anybody figure it out yet?
Rookie
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

I have a same problem with this in my M4 Aqua. How to fix this?