account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Taking a Picture via headphone button

Highlighted
Regular
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Taking a Picture via headphone button

how to take a picture by pressing the headphone button when the camera is on? 

(the button by which you can 'answer' or 'reject' the call)

i have downloaded 'smart connect' and live camera key app,  but it doesnt seem to work.

8 REPLIES 8
Emperor
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Taking a Picture via headphone button

I haven't seen that before and I doubt it will work as if you are not on a call the key will work to start playing music 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

thanks for the reply.

if i turn on the camera on my phone with headphones plugged in and press the button on the headphone, it wont take a pic ?? is there any app available for that ?

what is "livekey easy launch" and "livekey camera" ?? I ve installed these , i thought livekey camera was suppose to do take the pic . 

can you explain me the functions of these two apps ?

Emperor
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

My understanding is that only works with LiveSound

http://www.forumforpages.com/facebook/sony-mobile/livekey-to-control-camera/1755459620/0

I'll look into it and test it myself

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

thanks

what is Livesound ?? is it an app ?

n how does livekey works ? i cant even open it. 

Its not in the menu, just in the apps where its been installed, i cant open or u can say i dont know how to open it.

Emperor
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

http://store.sony.com/livesound-hi-fi-headset-zid27-MH1WO/cat-27-catid-EOL-Mobile-Phones-Accessories

Emperor
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

You wont be able to see the app as its only accessible through smartconnect, but that's only compatible with Sony LiveSound headphones

Regular
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

I ve " Sony DR-EX14VP " 

so, i cant take picture with these headphones ?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

I'm not sure as it's a product from Sony Electronics and not Sony Mobile so i don't have it. But looking at the information about it i doubt you can.

If you want to take pictures using the button on the headset you can do that with Smart Headset MH1c (same as LiveSound but compatible with Xperia SP) and this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sonyericsson.androidapp.appkey

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.