account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

T3 overheating problem

Apprentice
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

T3 overheating problem

hi,i am from hongkong.

My XPERIA T3 always get overheat around 40-45 degree without launched any apps

and if i play game (like Hearthstone)on my T3 the temperature will be 80-90 degree and it will scalding hand, and automatic close the game

so is it have any solution to solve the overhearting problem??

8 REPLIES 8
Genius
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: T3 overheating problem

Hi @hotszcheung

Please, first run a backup of the device information as explained here. Then perform a system repair using PC Companion or Bridge for MAC. This will factory reset your phone and erase all data. You might need to charge your device for about 1-2 hours before so the device has at least 80% battery. Make sure the device is not connected to computer or laptop and turned off until you are prompted (sometimes you have to press power button and volume up until the device vibrates 3 times or on some devices you have to press the small button near the SIM tray or on the back of the device). Start PC Companion -> Support zone -> Update my phone/tablet -> Blue Repair my phone/tablet -> follow instructions. When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button. The repair or reformat process will start. If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64 bit operating system adjust settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode -> chose Windows 7 or XP. I´m at disposal for any question.

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Emperor
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

@hotszcheung

Games are now quite HW demanding, the longer you play it the hotter it will get, another example its Ingress, it will heat up your phone and drain the battery really fast, the phone closes the game to protect itself from overheating. 

As for your phone getting hot w/o opening app means that there are background apps running and/or a really poor network coverage. 

Boot on safe mode and see if you experience the same heating w/o opening apps, stay on safe mode for 2 or 3 hours, keep in mind it will disable third party apps. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

i had reset my phone in setting(reset)

the problem still here

Is it different that not using   PC Companion

to reset??

Apprentice
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

OK let me try it.

Genius
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Hi @hotszcheung

PC Companion will perform a system repair of your device, that´s why I suggest to try with it. Please, keep us updated.

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Apprentice
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

after boot on the safe mode ,it seems not heating.

But boot it on noraml mode , and play the game also get the heating problem and auto close my game

This time i have cap the screen :

.Screenshot_2015-10-21-01-48-40.png

Apprentice
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

after i used the computer  PC Companion to repair my T3.

The overheating problem is still here, and i think it should hardware issue

or any solution about this problem.

In addition, i want to know  how to install the aosp 6.0 on my T3 in the window10

thank you 

Emperor
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

@hotszcheung

The phone can't overheat, it will shutdown before it gets too hot. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)