account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sync icon always showing, Android 2.3.3

Talent
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Sync icon always showing, Android 2.3.3

Hi,

I've had to go back to my Xperia X10 (on stock 2.3.3) for a little while as my Z1 Compact is not working properly and been sent away.

I wiped the X10 with a factory reset, but one thing bugging me is the sync icon is always showing, and I think this is wearing the battery down. What could be causing this?

4 REPLIES 4
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Sync icon always showing, Android 2.3.3

could you show a screenshot?

i don't have  a device with a Gingerbread version, but can you check the settings? try going to accounts to see oif you could toggle the setting to manual sync

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Is it that icon that looks like a recycling symbol in yellow and black... like the men at work road signs?

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Emperor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

@alex_ncfc

Its syncing the Gmail app and contacts.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Talent
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

I'll try and get a screenshot uploaded soon. 

It's the sync arrows whic look like a recycling symbol a bit, yeah.

I go into the sync screen in Settings and there always seems to be something next to the Google calendar and contacts entries. I click the menu button and "cancel sync" but it starts again soon after and just stays up there. I can't see why it would have to be syncing constantly? Surely once it's downloaded calendar entries, contacts etc, then that should be done?

This phone seems unbelievably slow, and I know it is ancient but I never remember it being so sluggish. Is there anything I can do to get it a bit more responsive? It is a major chore just to write a message on it. I've tried some custom JellyBean ROMs but they are just totally unstable and sluggish.