account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sync doesn't function - any solution?

One time poster
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Sync doesn't function - any solution?

Hello fellow z1c users.

I thoroughly enjoy my new phone but ran into an issue yesterday when trying to get it ready for school/work.

My calendars don't sync! I've looked around and others are having the issue but so far nobody has given a fix yet.

The issue is as follows:

When going into the menu selecting the calendars that need syncing, everything is ok. Yet after leaving those settings and looking at the calender itself, nothing is synced! Then when going back to the available calendars, they aren't visable there anymore either. This happens in any calendar app, not just the stock one (believe me, i've tried!).

Has anyone else on this forum run into this, and if so, any clue about a sollution? This makes the phone practically unusable for my needs!

5 REPLIES 5
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Sync doesn't function - any solution?

I did not have this problem until I downloaded Google Calender and then deleted it. Now my Google calenders won't sync anymore.

This is a major problem for using the phone. I would really like some help!

One time poster
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

2 days ago I had the same problem. I used the cal.do and all of a sudden the whole month was blank
I've tried to delete and reinstall the app but nothing works.
Then I realised that it had the same effect on the standard sony calendar.
When I choose which calendars I want to have synced sometimes I can se my Google-account but when I choose it and goes back to the month/week/day view its blank again. Just like if the phone can't provide the sync to the apps.
There is no problem with my Gmail or fb-account when syncing them, only with the cal.

Please help Slightly smiling Face
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Same problem here. Google Calendar doesn't always show up in the calendar list, but when it does, it doesn't sync. And then disappears again.

Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

UPDATE & SOLUTION

After the KitKat update, Google Calendar doesn't show up in the available calendars list - at all. However, I had uninstalled the Google Calendar app the day I bought the phone. Install Google Calendar from Google Play, and you have Google Calendar in your Z1C calendar app.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Just bought the phone and was looking forward to having a synchable calendar. Looks like this is a weak point. I looked for some facility to at least export the contents of the phone's local calendar into a file, so that a lost phone wouldn't mean losing all my life in there, but can't find any export/import either.

I guess I'll use an online calendar via the browser.