account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sudden death. Vibrates three times.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Sudden death. Vibrates three times.

So,

This phone is probably the worst phone I've ever had the "priviledge" of using.Crying Face

I bought it in August 2013, I was surprised by the shoddy plastic it was covered in, (I unfortunately got it in white) and the colour was already coming off in the corners and whatnot.

Anyway, first it started just strange, the screen turning on, unlocking and doing all sorts of stuff with my apps, changing my wallpapers, etc. I downloaded virus checker apps, didn't find anything on that side. 

It would randomly freeze, then the screen would fade off and the phone restart. That would go on for about two weeks, then it just so happens there was an OS update available two weeks later.  That only happened once though (the update), whereas the freezing occured at least three times for a week at a time, where it would crash every few minutes.

Then, the screen turned off, impossible to turn it back on. The phone had more that 60% battery and it was impossible to get it back on. I forced the shut down from the button on the back, still nothing. Then I  plugged it in to charge it all day (the light wouldn't even turn on saying it was charging) and I got to turn it back on hours later when it lit up green saying it was charged.

All the apps have always been up to date.

About a month ago the camera stopped working, it would crash. Same for that stupid shortcut to google search on the home button. I had a shortcut to a crashing app. That's so cool and very functional!! ..

And now, since Friday, it will turn off, and then I can't turn it back on, randomly for hours or days. If I try to turn it on, it vibrates thrice in a nice manner to tell me to go eff myself, and that's it.

I downloaded that wonderful app Sony Pc Companion whatnot, that doesn't let you decide WHERE on the computer you want to install it, and tried to repair the phone, except that when I plug it in, it vibrates 3 times again, and again, and again.

I've mlanaged to turn it on twice to try the pc companion repair thing, but it turns the phone off, then the vibrating starts again.

So.

What do you suggest? Hammer to the phone or shall I blend it?

Seriously though, I am desparate. I've never had such a hellish phone, it's not even a year old and it's driving me mad.

To sum it up:

-**bleep** phone

-Won't turn on, vibrating thrice.

-OS up to date though no idea which is the latest since I CAN'T TURN THE PHONE ON LONG ENOUGH

-Phone less than a year old

-**bleep** phone

-Can't repair with PC Companion

....Just noticed the **bleep**. What, is the forum filled with 11 year olds?

9 REPLIES 9
Emperor
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Sudden death. Refuses to turn on again for days.

Contact your local Sony

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Re: Sudden death. Vibrates three times.

The same problem has occurred to me. I have contacted to sony support they advised me to contact with local service center. I went there & they took my phone saying that it is a hardware issue. GOD knows what will happen to next. Face with rolling Eyes Face with rolling Eyes

Rookie
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Well that's great. =/

I'm gonna contact them so that they can give me an address to send the phone back so they can check it out...

Should I consider slipping in a note so that they can just incinerate it? =/

Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

try repair via SUS

connect to wall charger open back cover push and hold OFF button until phone vibrate 3 time

let it charge for a hour then try software repair

Apprentice
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Danial-mach1 what if the phone is not detected by SUS??!! I have tried the same thing advised by you. But my phone was not detected by SUS. So I have to submit the phone to service center they told me that it the display problem & they are going to replace that.. 

Rookie
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

As soon as I plug it back into the computer it goes back into it's vibrating three times death spree. =/

Apprentice
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Bolmara Better you contact with your local xperia authorised service center.

Rookie
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Just a little update, it's been sent off to Sony, the repair shop tells me to expect a response in 3 to 4 weeks but to not get my hopes up 'cos "it looks done". They also say it looks like it's been dissassembled (it hasn't), so I expect that Sony will come to the same false conclusion and deny any repairs.

So that's fun.

360€ for 10 months of use of a painfully horrible phone. Juuuust lovely.

One time poster
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Not the same problem, but my phone overheats and than restarts since I updated the SW.

I downloaded an app which can show me the CPU temp and its always over 50C!

Sometimes I didnt touch the phone just wifi or 3G is on and its heats to 64C, that means its a bit "uncomfortable" when the phone is in my pocket Face with Thermometer (it overheats too when its just sleeping on the table).

But its never overheats when I play a game...

P.s.: sorry for my english