account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Stylus problems with Xperia L.

Oow
Visitor
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Stylus problems with Xperia L.

Hello.
I have been having trouble using a stylus for my Xperia L. I have three different types of styluses, two rubber and one microfiber, for capacitive touchscreen however none of them work. They work perfectly on my Samsung and LG phone/tablets so I cannot understand why this even is a problem for my Sony smartphone. I do not have a single problem when using my fingers, the sensitivity is perfect. However I need to be able to use a stylus in my daily use. Any ideas or help to be found? Really depressing to buy a phone where one of the most important functions for me does not even work.
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Stylus problems with Xperia L.

Does your phone has an extra protective film? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Oow
Visitor
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Nope, no protective film or anything similar.

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

You might want to try different brands until you find one that's compatible.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Oow
Visitor
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Is that really the solution? Seems to me something is wrong with the design of Xperia L, whether it be the screen or touch sensitivity. Can you reccommend me a stylus, or is there maybe a stylus specifically made for the Xperia L?

All the extra styluses I have ordered have just been for testing with the Xperia L, so I can't really keep going like this. The capacitive screen on the Xperia L should work with any capacitive styluses, no? Never had any other stylus issues before Xperia, so really bummed out right now. Seems like any other Xperia phone have no problem with styluses...

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

I'm sorry to hear that but I don't have this phone to test it myself, but perhaps you can contact your local Xperia Care 

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

and they might be able to assist you

Highlighted
Oow
Visitor
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Thanks for the help. I do appreciaite you taking time to answer even though I probably sound very unthankful.

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Slightly smiling Face Anytime