account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Status Bar Dissapears

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Status Bar Dissapears

Hi everyone,

I've got a Xperia E4 and today shows an error that it's given me a headache for a long time. Suddenly, the status bar dissapears 2-3 seconds and suddenly it comes back again. It's like I receive a notification, that dissapear to show you and turn back the hour and all the status bar with icons.

I don't use any UI app or any custom theme. Only the original one.

Any solution?

P.D: finally E4 devices will update to Lollipop? Cause i read that in October will get the update.

Ty a lot!

9 REPLIES 9
Genius
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Status Bar Dissapears

Hi @MrReaper

Please, boot your device into safe mode as explained here. If the issue is not present in this mode, that indicates a third party app is causing the issue. In this case exit Safe Mode and then un-install any third party apps you don't need and clear the cache/data for the apps you want to keep. About the E4 Lollipop udate, it will first need to be authorised by your network or country before Sony is authorised to release it to your device. Also operator locked phones takes much longer that other phones to receive their updates, because they have to be extensively verified by the carrier before release. You can check these links for more information:

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/
http://blogs.sonymobile.com/category/software-upgrades-2/
http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/The-software-update-collection-topic/m-p/348066#U348066

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Apprentice
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

I tried to reboot in Safe Mode and it's happens the same when I turn it on in Normal Mode. I'm unistalling all third-part apps but i dont know why it happens this.

The error, is like when you open an app, and the status bar disappears and also the buttons, but it happens in all places, main menu, settings, album...

Any idea or solution?

Ty a lot!

Genius
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Hi @MrReaper

Please, first run a backup of the device information. Perform a system repair using PC Companion or Bridge for MAC. The process will erase all internal memory.You might need to charge your device for about 1-2 hours before so the device has at least 80% battery. Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds) Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the on screen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button - This should start the repair or reformat process. If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP. Keep us updated please.

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Emperor
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

@MrReaper

Does this happen when you are running multiple apps at the same time?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Not at all.

Maybe i could be in the main menu, doing nothing and no apps opened, and happens this.

It's a little bit strange issue =I

Ty!

Emperor
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

@MrReaper

Odd, try @xavinux suggestion and report back 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Good morning,

Before repair the phone, i would like to know if anyone who which is the process that control the Android's UI. I want to try to reboot the process and see if it works. If not, I would repair it through PCC.

Ty a lot for helping me.

Emperor
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

@MrReaper

Just give it a shot and report back

Apprentice
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Good night,

I spent 3 weeks trying to find the problem, and I did it. I uninstalled an app called CM Security App. The problem was with the last app's update.

Thanks all for the help given!