account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Standard Headphones with Smart Connect thinking its a Headset

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Standard Headphones with Smart Connect thinking its a Headset

Hi,

I'm currently having an issue when I connect headphones (via the jack) to my new Z1. It brings up the smart connect "Search for more applications" window with the choice of "None".

I have to tell it every time that I don't want it to do anything.

It appears that the Z1 thinks I've connected a Headset, not headphones, and pressed the "app key".  I am using standard in ear sennheiser headphones that have no buttons or mic, and I have tried other headphones with the same effect.

First things first, how do I get it to recognise that I have plugged in a headphone not headset?

Secondly, how can I stop it asking me everytime? (all I need is a tickbox to say "don't ask again")

Hope there is someone who can help.

(I have searched the forum already, but I'm sorry if this is a duplicate)

Kind regards

Dave

4 REPLIES 4
Sage
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Standard Headphones with Smart Connect thinking its a Headset

This issue has been fixed in new firmware ( version .534).

You should update your phone via PC Companion or Sony Update Service once the update is available in your region. It fixes this issue, extends battery life and brings some improvements to the camera too.

----------
When everything have failed already, try to read the manual.
Kudos mean I am helpful. Am I for you? Then support me back Slightly smiling Face

Visitor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for the quick reply.

I had seen there was an issue with the headset supplied with the phone had been fixed in the 534 update. It looks like a similar issue but not identicle but I am willing to wait to see if the firmware update does indeed fix it.

I see the update has already been released in some countries, any one know when the UK will be getting it?

Sage
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

It is available worldwide for some time now, but I heard in UK there are some delays.

If you really are in rush wit this, you can always flash the firmware by yourself with FlashTool, but if I were you I would wait a little longer to do this the standard way, so no backup/restore procedure is needed (flashing with everything but PCC will erase everything from the phone).

----------
When everything have failed already, try to read the manual.
Kudos mean I am helpful. Am I for you? Then support me back Slightly smiling Face

Visitor
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Thanks again,

It's only mildly annoying, not the end of the world, so will wait for official OTA / Companion update.