account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Stamina mode makes Google play services use much more battery

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Stamina mode makes Google play services use much more battery

After the new 6.0.1 update, is it possible to use the stamina mode again on my Sony Z5 compact. Although I thought this would be a nice improvement is there a big downside... Google play services normally uses less than 1% of the battery, but when in turn on my stamina mode it rises to about 15% of total battery use. This counters more or less the gain I could have from the stamina mode. The only way to get the power use back to about 1% is to stop the background data use of the google play service. The real problem is therefore that google play services is very busy with something in the background while stamina mode is on. If I turn the background data of Google play service off I do not receive any more push messages from my apps even with the settings that they should not be optimized for battery use. With other words, I will only see my new whatsapps messages when I unlock my phone and open Whatssapp.

Does anybody how to get the power use of Google play services back to normal in stamina mode, without losing the push messages from apps like FB, snapchat and whatsapp?

1 REPLY 1
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Stamina mode makes Google play services use much more battery

afaik, this is more of google concern, you can go to their support forum to ask for possible solution, since you already have done software repair

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling