account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Stamina Mode

Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Stamina Mode

Hi again,

i am new in using sony, i want to ask. does the stamina mode always off the mobile data and wifi whenever the screen is off?

or can it be set so that it wont do that?

feel free to reply.

thanx

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Stamina Mode

If you are downloading something then it wouldn't turn it off automatically. It is pretty useful otherwise.
Talent
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Agree, if we have to option to turn off/on wifi or data when entering the stamina mode.  It will be useful, as we can choise what apps to allow to run when phone sleep/standy.

Now i put it to 20% only activate and no apps allow running.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

After i do some digging and testing.  Appearently stamina mode is a good feature in Sony Phone, as for my point of view.

How it work (my understanding):-

1. It do not turn off the mobile data nor the wifi when screen off.

2. It will prevent the Apps from waking phone up and perform activity and or use the data or wifi when screen off.

3. Apps in the white list will be allow to perform as normal when screen off.

4. When screen on, all operation will be resume.

5. Apps that having activity with mobile data or wifi will allow to complete after screen off. It will activate once activity has finished.

6. Phone call, SMS, MMS, pre-installed Calander app and alarm app will not be affected by this feature.

Reference :-

http://developer.sonymobile.com/2013/04/03/how-sonys-battery-stamina-mode-works/

Don't forget to give Kudos Kudos 2.JPG  and / or mark the correct answer Solution.JPG