account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Speaker problems /w outgoing calls

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Speaker problems /w outgoing calls

First of all my Xperia S runs the latest firmware (4.1.2).

Two problems:

1) When I start an outgoing call the speaker (the regular one, not the loudspeakers) works fine. After 1-2 seconds it "dies" (= no sound). It does not have to do if the person accepts the call or not. If the person accepts the I will correctly see the time but do not hear him. If the phone is still ringing I will not hear any sound (beeps).

This get fixed if I hang up and call again... 

2) When I start an outgoing call the call will not start. It will call probably after 30-60 seconds... If I clicked again to call someone in that waiting period the phone will call simultaneously a second call (showing "Call not send") or hold this line and place a second call in the foreground on the same person...

I believe those stuff are ridicoulous making me unlike to buy a Sony smartphone again because it's just the call function and not something else which might need tons of RAM to run.

Nevertheless I'm wondering if I'm the only one in here having those issues?

1 REPLY 1
Master
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Speaker problems /w outgoing calls

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

I suggest that you try to repair the phone software using PC Companion..

Before repairing your device you may want to backup your information first. Check out this topic for more information on how to.
How to backup?

If the issue should still remain I think that this needs to be examined and fixed at a repair center. For more information about how to submit your phone for repair and where, contact your local support team.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.