account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Speaker problems - Xperia SP c5303 Only when dialing.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Speaker problems - Xperia SP c5303 Only when dialing.

So as my subject states, my sony xperia SP that i now own for about 1,5 years has some problems with its speakers.

The problem is when im calling with somebody i can not hear that persons voice.. untill i switch to speaker mode.

I first thought it was my speaker that could have been the issue.... BUT and here is the strange part.

All the other sounds do work, even my ringtone works, and the sound when you turn your volume up or down (the little beep).

Now the thing is, i did disassembly my phone last night - because i wanted to replace the volume and camera button for new shiny red one's that ive bought online.. i stopped untill i got to the point where i needed to disconnect wires..

(The first one i got loose (when you get rid of the first screws you come across) but i did not go any further).

Does anyone have a suggestion for me what to do?

Only stating i should not disassembly my phone and/or suggesting to bring it to a shop for repairs you could leave behind, i know these things but my interest to know how things are build up and **bleep** is way are the reason i disassemblied.

Well many thanks in advance, i hope someone could tell me what i could do. and if i may have put that first wire back on losely, and that could be the prob.

Ruben

4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Speaker problems - Xperia SP c5303 Only when dialing.

You could replace the speaker or the wire/ribbon 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

@uliwooly wrote:

You could replace the speaker or the wire/ribbon 

But it is not the speaker that is defect. It produces sound only not when calling.

Emperor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

I'm referring to the ear speaker 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Could be the problem. The only thing i know is.. That the first ribbon/wire you come across when disassemblying the phone (behind the coverplate) is what i disconnected. Immediately i put it back and put the screws back in.. Could this be the problem? Also my phone has sort of a life on it's own. He activates bluetooth/planemode etc regularly..
I think maybee the ribbon is a bit lose. I will disassembly once more and put it back in place to see if that solves my problem.
Thanks anyways for thinking out loud with / for me uliwooly