account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Speaker issue

Learner
Message 1 of 14
Message 1 of 14

Speaker issue

I am very disappointed of my xperia z3 speaker. I can't use it..
It became worse after lollipop update.
What should I do????
13 REPLIES 13
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

Re: Speaker issue

Try performing a system repair using PC Companion as this will often fix issues - This will factory reset your phone and erase all data so best to backup before you begin

Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds)
Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the on screen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button - This should start the repair or reformat process

If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 14
Message 3 of 14

Hi Nirw,

Welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines

If the issue continues after performing a software repair, and just continues to get worse, then I suggest contacting Sony Mobile within your region, as they should be able to help point you in the right direction.

You can use my signature below to find contact details if required.

let us know how you get on.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

Tjank you very much, do you know of the sony companion back up will back also all my home screen items and shortcuts?

Thanks
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

Hi Nirw,

The backup will allow settings and themes to be backed up, however no apps can be backed up so shortcuts will not stay as they did prior.

I hope this helps.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Learner
Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

Hi
The system repair didn't work.

It is really disappointing...

I don't want to root the device...

Nir
Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

In such a situation, I can only advise that you contact Sony Mobile within your region as this may possibly be related to hardware.

Use my signature below to find the appropriate contact details for your region.

I am sorry for this inconvenience.

Visitor
Message 8 of 14
Message 8 of 14

Did Sony Xperia support team actually try to tried to solve the problem for your customers? I'm one of the Sony fans, I never user any smartphone brands other than Sony. I can provide you the IMEI number for the phone I had used before to show you I am a loyal Sony customer. I bought Xperia Z3 less than a month, after 2 weeks I realize the speaker not as loud as before and I did troubleshoot it using PC Companion > Repair device for twice and the problem still exist.Finally I decided to pass to service center, they said they will help me check. Next day I call, they helped me to replaced the loudspeaker and they still waiting to the last part, the back cover glue or something like sticker to stick back the back cover in order to keep the waterproof feature. The component for the back cover take ETA of TWO WEEKS time. What phone should I used in this two weeks? Is this the service Sony provide to customers? I have contact Xperia Support Malaysia. Problems did not solve. I am sure Sony losing one loyal customer today.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 14
Message 9 of 14

Hi Tangent,

I am sorry to hear about the issues you have had with the device. In such a case we are unable to provide an outcome, this can only be done by Sony Mobile within your region.

I can only suggest you contact them again to clarify if another outcome is possible.

I do apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

Visitor
Message 10 of 14
Message 10 of 14

Low speaker volume since Android "upgrade"

Hi all, hoping someone can help... Ever since the Android "upgrade" a few weeks back (an all round disaster imho but that's another story!) the speaker volume on.my z3 compact has been so low that I can't hear a conversation unless I am in a completely quiet room. Have tried all the volume settings but hadn't helped. Is there a fix for this? I really don't have time to trek into town to a shop but the phone is as good as useless as it is!