account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony xperia z2 water damaged

Highlighted
Message 1 of 20
Message 1 of 20

Sony xperia z2 water damaged

I have purchased my Sony Xperia™ Z2 on 2nd July, 2014, and after 2 and half months I have used my Sony Xperia™ Z2 in swiming pool water less than 30cm deep and for less than 15 minutes.

It was working very well until the battery charged. After 5 - 6 hours I tried to charge my phone but it was not charging after battery got over my phone got switched of and still it is dead. Now it is only showing charging red light sometimes but not getting charged. I kept my phone in the rice with opened slots for two days but still my phone is dead. Finally I went to the Sony service center they have checked my phone and said my phone is water damaged the warranty is void.

It is not my fault, Sony says Sony Xperia™ Z2 "The world’s best camera and camcorder in a waterproof smartphone*" Then I want to know how my phone got water inside. Your service center decides themselves that my phone has water inside and now warranty will be void.
Please help me what to do?

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Message 2 of 20
Message 2 of 20

Re: Sony xperia z2 water damaged

Not much you can do, if sony says the warrenty is void, then thats it. You can try talking to someone higher up in sony to see if anything can be done.

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 3 of 20
Message 3 of 20

Contact your local Xperia Care Center

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 4 of 20
Message 4 of 20

This looks promising 

http://www.reviveaphone.com/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Genius
Message 5 of 20
Message 5 of 20

Hi, many 'tricks' on how to dry out your phone from rice to even shooting a few 4k videos to let the Z2 heat up (if you can get it to shoot a video) BUT at the end of the day you are left with a phone that is probably not waterproof Face with rolling Eyes

Best option is to take it back to where you purchased it & see what they say OR contact your local Xperia Care Centre but insist on a VACUUM TEST.....this will determine if it is indeed waterproof with the flaps etc tightly closed....

Good luck :smileysmileywink:

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 6 of 20
Message 6 of 20

i had a similar story to yours but in my case I was rinsing it under fresh bottled water when I noticed a black dot appear on the screen. at first I thought it would go away if I left it out to dry but it never did. I sent it to the service centre in Toronto ( im in Vancouver, BC) $40 bucks later in shipping they tell me. Nope CANT be fixed sorry nothing we can do. i told them what happened. They tried to just get rid of me but Im still here fighting them. it has now been over a month and a half and appearently they are still taking it up to upper management. In my job I am the complaints officer so if they think there just going to tell me the same thing they have been telling everyone else, there wrong and Im just going to climb up so far up there **bleep** they'd wish they should have scrapped the whole IP certification all together!   

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 7 of 20
Message 7 of 20

bruteoutlawz - pushover... thats exzactly what they want you to do.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 8 of 20
Message 8 of 20

I have purchased my Sony Xperia™ Z2 on 26 May, 2014, and after 15days, I have used my Sony Xperia™ Z2 in swiming pool water less than 20cm deep and for less than 10minutes.

This device is not water proof

It's just a BIG LIE

I will NEVER EVER buy anything to SONY again !!!
SONY is conning people !!!

BE CAREFUL GUYZZZZZZ!!!

SONY????????¿¿¿¿¿
Rookie
Message 9 of 20
Message 9 of 20

hello my friend at first sorry for my bad english

i have same problem as you i opened all of the covers then i put the hairdryer in to the second microphone with open covers the after 5 min its get better and i repeated for 6 time each time  water again came back but after 6 time it get fixed

i hope that i can help you

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 10 of 20
Message 10 of 20

Hi even i am facing the same problem. Did you get any responce from sony regarding this issue ?