account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony xperia m4 aqua freeze when playing gamee!!! HELP

Regular
Message 11 of 19
Message 11 of 19

Re: Sony xperia m4 aqua freeze when playing gamee!!! HELP

I cant play any game with m4.freeze Like .sorry for my english.

Learner
Message 12 of 19
Message 12 of 19

Game keep on freezing !! All games ...

Can't play any games on my m4 , all games keep on freezingggg ... Help pleaseee
Highlighted
Learner
Message 13 of 19
Message 13 of 19

Gaming problems

Hello. I have problems with low fps in games like asphalt: nitro, modern combat 5, NFS no limits. I think this phone should work well in those games. My xperia sp was better in games than m4. Please help me
Message 14 of 19
Message 14 of 19

Re: Gaming problems

Try to close apps running in the background, also make sure you're not full on internal memory space.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Learner
Message 15 of 19
Message 15 of 19

It didnt work. 1gb free ram. 1,5 GB free memory
Emperor
Message 16 of 19
Message 16 of 19

@DawiddD

Make sure to contact the game developers regarding this problem, but perhaps you have other heavy apps running in the background

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 17 of 19
Message 17 of 19

Hi its me the spoilsport again wooly

Just bought this m4 aqua for my mom who used to be on a xperia sp. On the exact same firmware with the same storage limitations.

The same super low end games.

New phone, default apps simply randomly force close when I presume the processor is busy, even messages when I just scroll up fast for long threads. Dropbox with many files folder auto close without the force close popup even appearing. Playing stupid games like sudoku with a bit of animation in the background, freezes, slow motions, stuttering everywhere even in youtube app.

Are you telling me that the M4 Aqua has faulty hardware? Given that its heaps and loads better than the SP, it is not possible to be laggy when the SP with the same apps and games are smooth. Contact the app developer is not the way to go.

I would gladly return the phone but unfortunately the telco refuses to take it back. My last resort is to claim a new set with warranty. If the same thing keeps happening, i will buy another phone for my mom. 

Imagine a non tech savvy elderly say this to you : "Son, is this an old phone? My old one works way better and faster than this."

Adviser
Message 18 of 19
Message 18 of 19

probably sony support dont know about this.
M4 can be tweaked to gain back the performance the initial ovwrheatind devices had.
First you will have to root the device.check out xda developers on rooting M4 .
This xda thread will give ways to tweak m4 aqua for better gaming.actually no game will lag.but it will heat badly.
please beware not to make temperatures rise more than 65 celcius.
but the processor is made to withstand even temperatures like 90 celcius.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/m4-aqua/general/games-laggy-t3241538

I really badly wanted to buy the m4 but didnt buy because of the massive amount of problems the device is having.
Slightly smiling Face
Adviser
Message 19 of 19
Message 19 of 19

by tweaking you can increase antutu from 29k to 37k.but heating will be a problem.and no game will lag.
I wished sony released this beautiful midranger with mtk6732 which the e4g has or Sd410 rather than this crappy snapdragon processor which is an oven.
Mtk6732 even supports 4k video playback i think.
Sony is not to blame .it is the problem of the soc and being airtight.