account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony xperia E4g - PC companion not showing menu-options

Learner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Sony xperia E4g - PC companion not showing menu-options

I got a new sony xperia E4g. I have installled PC companion, phone is detecting but no menu is shown.

I have tried uninstalling & re installing and running with admin rights...but still the problem persist.

I installed PC companion in a different PC and is working fine showing menu and all options.

Both PCs use the same OS (Windows 7 Pro 64-bit).

Please help

4 REPLIES 4
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Sony xperia E4g - PC companion not showing menu-options

Seems to be a problem with the PC. Perhaps a firewall preventing PC Companion to install properly.
Forum Legend
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

Just like 

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Thank you all for your prompt response. I have turned the firewall off and the problem persists. I also have the latest Java installed and both PCs use the same antivirus.

The strange thing is that the menu options (contacts, backup etc) appear when I install PC companion,  but disappear permanetly as soon as I connect the phone.

Forum Legend
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

It's very hard to pinpoint exactly what the problem could be but I suspect something with your PC configuration since it works just fine on another PC. Unfortunately I'm no computer expert but I suggest that you look into which programs you have installed that relates with USB connectivity, ports or Java. It's possible that these could conflict with PC Companion in some way.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.