account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony weather widget has disappeared after Android update

One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Sony weather widget has disappeared after Android update

Hi everyone

I have just purchased a Sony Xperia Sola (my first smartphone) and so far I'm quite impressed, except for the following.

The phone came with Android 2.3 installed and not long after setting it up I got the update notification that Android 4.0.4 was available. I updated to the latest firmware version via Sony PC Companion.

Since the update the installed Sony weather widget (that was on the front page above the clock) appears to have been removed (It is no longer on the front page and is not listed under my All Apps within settings). I really liked this app (and the others I've looked at on Google Play do not look how I want it to).

I have searched these forums (and elsewhere) and found that the Sony weather widget had a recent issue which has now been resolved (which is not my issue since the app is not on my phone as far as I can see). The 'News and Weather' app is installed, however this does not appear to be the one that was initially on the front pages as I am unable to adjust the widget to the original version.

Can anybody help me 'refind' my Sony weather widget (if it is still on my phone) or tell me if it is possible to download it from somewhere.

Many thanks in advance

Ian

2 REPLIES 2
Master
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Sony weather widget has disappeared after Android update

Well, the news&weather-widget in GB/2.3 should be pretty much the same as the one in ICS/4.0. Just tap your homescreen and add the widget called "News and weather".

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Oro
One time poster
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Sony weather widget has disappeared after Android update

Hi,

I've had the same problem with disappearing weather (not news!) widget. The Weather nad News app is not the same one. Any help on this also appreciated!