account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Sony ZR Preinstalled Photo Editing App

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Sony ZR Preinstalled Photo Editing App

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to find out the name of a preinstalled photo editing app for Sony ZR. I bought my phone in Hong Kong so I'm not sure whether that's why it had two photo editors, one was the Sony Photo Editor and one another app. I accidentally uninstalled it last week and I can't remember its name for the life of me. 

Have tried looking for it online and in the Play Store, but no luck! Can someone help me out? When you usually try to edit a photo on ZR(at least mine) it asked me which of the two apps I wanted to use for editing. 

Thanks,

Andrada

5 REPLIES 5
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Sony ZR Preinstalled Photo Editing App

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

As far as I know, you cannot uninstall the editors that are preinstalled. They are locked to the system/software itself. Perhaps you have disabled one of them? Could you check this via Settings > Apps > Swipe to the tab "Disabled". One editor comes from Google+, so if Google+ is disabled the editor will be disabled too and the other one is just called "Photo editor"

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Forum Legend
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

If this is the app then it's now a paid for app - It was in the early days free via the Lounge app

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Emperor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

This is a great app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pixlr.express&hl=en

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for all your answers, everyone! In the end I managed to find it and it was in fact an extension of the Google+ app and the reason it disappeared was because I disabled Google+. Mystery solved!

Emperor
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Glad to hear Winking Face 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)