account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony Z5 Premium Wifi issue

Rookie
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Sony Z5 Premium Wifi issue

Hello!

I am getting really tired of this....

got an update yesterday and since then things turned into even worse!

I have wifi connection whole time but.... directly when i wanna see some movie ( youtube, facebook.... whatever is loading ) i get buffer wait time... in 2 min clip it buffers like 10 times...

i use tubemate program there u download videos from youtube and save em to phone.... and there u can see download speed too...

it was something like this.... 2mbit .... 1.2 mbit... 420kbit.... 0kbit..... 5mbit... 1 mbit..... .... and all this within 30 seconds... ?

is this even posible that "SONYS BEST PHONE" Have those issues????

when does some update fix come for this one ???

STAMINA ON/OFF does not matter.

reboot phone/router - dont helps

Crush phone and live normal life - comming soon.

/// Very angry sony user.

7 REPLIES 7
Emperor
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Sony Z5 Premium Wifi issue

@vinjaklija

download speedtest from the playstore and test your WiFi connection, report the results here

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Could you boot on safe mode and test youtube to see if you experience the same buffering?

How to boot on safe mode
http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

How to boot on safe mode on Lolipop
1. press and hold the power key
2. once you get the pop up menu 
3. press and hold "power off" 
4. Boot on safe mode should become available
Rookie
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Hello again!

@uliwooly i tested with speedtest....

results are something like this.

if i stand in front of Router with no walls between ... i have up to 19-20 MBIT/s works fine.

if i just go into next room and get one wall between ... it drops to 5 mbit/s ...at like 6 meters from router ... i get 1.5 mbit/s ...

why is it that way??

@Phy ... hello mate! i tested safemode too ... and now it works good ... even at place where i hade 1.5 mbit/s it downloads 720p video without problem without buffer issue...

what to do to get one normal working phone?

Thx for help!!! Slightly smiling Face

Emperor
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

@Phy

good suggestion

@vinjaklija

It's a third party app or apps acting up, which one? you will have to find out which app its the culprit, it was not preloaded. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Hello again.

I am sorry i dont understand what u mean?

is it some app that makes phone be this way ? if yes how to find that one ?

do u have some guide/suggestion ?

Thx for helping! Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

@vinjaklija

Since the phone works fine on safe mode, it has to be an app that you have downloaded, most likely its an app like a torrent, or video downloader, etc. 

open the app drawer > swipe left to right > installed > the apps will rearrange > the first apps will be the apps that you have installed, at this point, uninstalled one by one until you find the cultprit

Rookie
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Hello again!

I tryed ur solution....and that did not work.

Phone has been this way since i bought it.... and even after Factory reset ....same thing.

After update to 6.0 version android same thing....

and just notices one more thing....

when i got home i had my Bluetooth earphones connected to the phone...Wifi was OFF...

when i turned WIFI ON then i got problem with sound ?

i turned it off....everything is normal...ON... back to same issue...

Maybe its wrong place to say this but i expect ALOT MORE from this Z5..... this seems to be just crap.... nothing works normaly Slightly frowning Face

thx for help !