account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony Xperia z3 Discharging issues

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Sony Xperia z3 Discharging issues

Help! I've had my Sony Xperia z3 for two years now. Recently the phone won't register a connection when it is plugged into a charger. I use the original charge most times.

My battery completely died and the red led light would blink three times then that's it. Eventually it started charging again after a few hours.

My battery lasted all day the next day.

However once I went to charge it for the next day it acted the same way again. No red led light though and keeps going in and out of charging.

Is this a problem with the battery or the charging port or is it a software issue after update? I hate updates bc afterwards something always goes wrong or haywire.

It's charging normally now but do I have to endure this delay of charging everyday? battery likes to appear 50% to 30% alot sometimes. It's very sporadic in display so I can't tell what is really going on.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
10 REPLIES 10
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Sony Xperia z3 Discharging issues

Hi @Jubuggie,

Welcome to the community.

It sounds like it would be the charging port if it's not showing the LED. Have you tried other chargers and charging cables to be sure?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

I've tried other chargers and cables and different outlets. It starts to charge after many hours of waiting. I feel that it needs to be above a certain percentage on my phone to recognize the charging outlet. If it falls below about 14% it just continues to discharge when connected.......
Apprentice
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Example it's at 1% for at least 2-3 hours before it starts to go up to 2% etc
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

@Jubuggie,

Does it do the same thing while your phone is turned off and charging? Could you please also test it in safe mode and see if the issue persists. 

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Apprentice
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Yes while the phone is turned off. There is no LED light and no charge icon (the ⚡) . I can't seem to put my phone on safe mode. My battery display jumps from 1% and sometimes goes to 80% then back to 30%. It's very inconsistent.
Apprentice
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

I got into safe mode and the problem persists.

No LED light when USB plugged in. No charging icon registering.

Apprentice
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Does memory affect this at all!? I've used 15/16 gb if that helps at all with diagnosing my problem
Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

@Jubuggie,

It sounds like a faulty battery. I recommend you contact your local support team

Apprentice
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

If it's a faulty battery will buying a new one resolve my issue?