account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony Xperia ion PC Connection Issues (After Upgrading to 4.1)

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Sony Xperia ion PC Connection Issues (After Upgrading to 4.1)

Hi, I have recently run into a strange problem with my Xperia Ion, and was wondering if anyone else was having this issue, or knew how to fix it?

Basically, I haven't been able to transfer music, photos, or videos from my phone to my PC ever since I upgraded the operating system to 4.1 (Jelly Bean). 

When I took a picture before, it would assign a DSC_0xxx, the number in accord with the number of pictures I've taken on the phone.  When I updated it to Jelly Bean, it seems like the counter was reset (it started again at DSC_0000), and when I connect my phone to my PC it simply does not read any of the new files in the phone's folders.  The same thing happens when I try to capture videos on the phone.  They are on the phone, but they are stuck there.

I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem, and if so, how did you overcome it?  Is there a way?  Should I try to reinstall the operating system?  

Thanks in advance!

Kyle

1 REPLY 1
Visitor
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Sony Xperia ion PC Connection Issues (After Upgrading to 4.1)

Please disregard this post.  I'm sorry, I have never posted here before, so I am unsure of how to take down a post, so just don't bother replying please, problem solved.  Turns out I'm an idiot.  Although the phone tells me that the files are being saved to my SD card, they're in truth being saved to internal storage.  

Sorry to waste your time!