account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony Xperia Z3 back cover is lifting up itself!!!

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Sony Xperia Z3 back cover is lifting up itself!!!

I bought the Z3 Dual for about a week. Today i felt like that my finger slipped from the edge of the glass when touched the back cover. So i checked the back cover and found the top side and left side are above the midframe. I nearly believed it just should be. When i tried to press the edge of the back cover, i noticed it came down a little, and when i let go, it went up again. Though it's a tiny move, i really saw that very clearly. Why it happened? Overheat motherboard? Do you have the same problem? And if the phone still waterptoof?

20141101_154150.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Sony Xperia Z3 back cover is lifting up itself!!!

contact your local Xperia Care, don't risk it.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

I'm having the same problem with my Xperia Z3 dual.

Did you solve your issue?

One time poster
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

my z3 compact is the same. been for repair before and the replaced screen,usb part and other bits inside.

i had the phone on the side while it was raining and when went to camera it was all steamy thats when i noticed it was falling apart.sending it back again tomorrow

when you do the pressure test it shows its not water tight. ( *#*#7378423#*#*)

after its repaired i will sell it. i dont trust it . if it gets wet im sure i will be to blame

Visitor
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

i have same issue with my z3. Sony service said it was my fault and they want to charge me 150$ arround. Since its not about me, i wont repair it. My z3 is under investigation by notary with court order. You can track my matter here,
http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Other-Discussions-General/Service-inefficiency-in-Turkish-Sony-Arvato-...
Demigod
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Mate,  for some reason ive seen 3 posts with the same problem,  same device color and and same place. Anyways i see some outline around the camera lens and flash light. You sure it isnt a back glass protector or some kind of thin tempered glass?

Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

protector on that phone is extremely thin so impossible that is sitcking up alot like on picture, i do agree that it's glass itself poping lose :/