account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Sony Xperia Z3_Water Inside

Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Sony Xperia Z3_Water Inside

To whom it may concern.

I bought sony xperia z3 about 10months ago with 1 year warranty. Recently my phone has been in contact with water and display light is gone. I contacted to Bangladesh Sony contact center (Sony Rangs Bangladesh) but now they are saying we dont give warranty for water contact. Even they are saying "if you bought this phone as water proof, you should have checked the water resistance before buying" and that is pathetic. My point is when I am buying a phone worth BDT60000 (USD750) and that very phone is rated as IP68 why do I need to check whether is it water resistant or not. By defauly it should be water resistant. Right? I need my phone to be serviced properly or I need it to be replaced. Please get back to me ASAP.

FYI: I switched from iPhone to Sony and now it feels like yes apple is much better interms of after service.

No private details to be posted

3 REPLIES 3
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Sony Xperia Z3_Water Inside

If this is what Sony have said to you then what I would have said will be pointless and find myself at a cross road not knowing what to do or say - I'll tag @Johan in and hope he can cast a better answer for a resoltion for you

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

I'm sorry to hear that @Imrose,

The Xperia Z3 is waterproof and IP certified as long as all covers are intact and closed properly. I can't answer how water got inside your device but I suggest that you contact your Local support team to receive an detailed repair order. 

If the device passes the pressure test at the repair center and you still got water inside your phone some cover can't have been closed properly or it has been exposed to water past the IP certifications limit.

Still this needs to be discussed with you local support team as all reapirs are managed locally.

Visitor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Thanks Johan,

I can assure you that all covers were closed properly and I have no idea how water got inside. My phone is still with them and they have given me time till 13th Sepetember to update me. I guess I will have to wait. Will keep you posted about the update.