account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony Xperia Z1 No Alarm Display and Unable to switch off alarm

One time poster
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Sony Xperia Z1 No Alarm Display and Unable to switch off alarm

Eversince I had the first Android Kit Kat update, my Xperia Z1 C6903 was not able to hear any notification sounds, my alarm sound worked but unable to switch it off or delete it and when my contacts call me, it send it straight to voicemail and I don't even hear the notifcation call sounds either. Did a reboot and went on safe mode, I still had the same problem. Found out online that there is a sound bug with my current firmware version: 14.3.A.0.681.

When the new update 14.3.A.0.757 was available, I downloaded it. After this, my sound notifications worked fine, however, my alarm is still not working. Both on normal and safety mode, my alarm does the following:

1) The alarm sound works

2) Side key behaviour does not show up on my screen, so I am not able to dismiss my alarm

3) I manually go to my "Alarm and Clock" app and press the "OFF" indicator. Alarm sound does not stop.

4) I have to go to > alarm settings >Delete alarms >Choose the current alarm to delete > Alarm Sound then stops.

This has been happening eversince the Android Kit Kat version was available for download (the previous and current one). I have reboot my phone, gone on safety mode, I have gone to >Settings >APPS> All> Clock > Clear Data, and went to the Sony PC Companion > Support Zone > Repair phone/tablet, as well as deleted all my apps.

I do not know what else to do. I can only conclude that this is an existing problem with the new software update. I need my alarm working or else I am unable to get up for my morning meetings. PLEASE HELP!

7 REPLIES 7
Demigod
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Sony Xperia Z1 No Alarm Display and Unable to switch off alarm

Hi there,

Try one more time the following:

1. Settings > Apps > All > Clock > Clear data/cache > Force Stop > Restart your phone and check again.
  2. Re-install your phone software using Sony Update Service.

Sony Update Service

If that fails again, contact Johan via PM and report that issue with Alarm.

Keep us updated.

There is nothing impossible to him who will try.  A. t. G. (356BC - 323BC)

One time poster
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Hi there,

just to let you know I am experiencing the same problem (can't turn off the alarm when it's ringing) BUT not every morning, just once or twice a week. Did you find a solution?

Kind regards,

Dimitri Kokken

One time poster
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

so i have been having the exact problem on my Z1. the alrm goes off at the right time....the notification works perfectly but you just cannot switch it off or snooze it. if i go to the drop down menu the active alarm is not listed there...the side buttons dont work or have no effect even when configured.

you literally have to power the phone off for it to stop sounding. this is really annoying and i notice that teh last comment here was a month ago and Sony have still not addressed this problem. if you google this issue there a stacks of people with the same problem and more frustarted as we keep getting suggested fixes like clear clock cache which EVERYONE knows will not work as the problem is not with the data of the alarm....its a bug in the software that prevents the app from excuting teh way it was intended to.

my alarms worked perfectly fine before teh update was applied. ever since teh update i ahev had this problem. i dont believe that a solution is to install another alarm app from google play store. i bought the phone which advertises the alarm as a feature and if sony cannot fix or address this probelm then you have falsely advertised...

i am a sold out sony fan...i will never purchase any other brand of phone based on my past experience with sony products but this problem is making me think otherwise. give us a proper fix for this alarm issue and dont treat us like ignorant fools with your suggessted fixes like start in safe mode or reboot your phone....that will never ever fix the problem....its just a way of avoiding the fact that you dont know what to do to fix this problem...

Krz
One time poster
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Hi, 

I have the same problem, i reset my phone it worked the first time and now go back to the same.

Did u get to fix this? 

greetings, 

Krz

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Hi support team,
I have the same issue as my alarm clock keeps alerting me at 10 pm every day.
Information :android 5.0.2, firmware :14.5.A.0.270, model :c6902
Kindly help. Thanks
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Hi,

I got absolutely the same problem with my z1 compact after  last update to version 5.1.1

Adviser
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

I have same problem and didnt find any solution :|