account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony Xperia Z1 Battery DEAD?

Highlighted
Message 1 of 14
Message 1 of 14

Sony Xperia Z1 Battery DEAD?

Hi all. I've had my Z1 for awhile and was happy with it until about after KitKat. As everyone else, I experienced a serious decrease in performance as well as massively increased battery drainage. The phone went from being able to last a day and a half, to 7 hours if I didnt use it much. Couple months later, my phone shot from 13% to 0% and the screen flickered, and the phone died. Went to charge it, and it wouldnt charge. The LED would light up red, signaling to me that it has connection and the screen would light up and display a charging battery with a percentage on top. Problem is, usualy while charging, the battery does the little 3 second notion from going from dead to full repeatedly to let you know its charging. For me, the battery emoticon stays in red and above, the percentage stays at 1%. It will then go to 0% and back to 1% but never more than 1%. The phone tries to turn on, and dies again. If i leave it, It will not charge. Finally, I took it to a shop and had the battery replaced. I purchased my phone internationally due to America not supporting the Z1, so this replacement was not under manufacture warranty. Needless to say, it was replaced and the phone worked like a charm. Would charge right up, no problems. It still would suffer from the newer battery drainage problems coming from the newest update, lollipop 5.0. So it still died farely quick. Now just recently (2 months after the new battery) The phone once again, was having drainage issues. I left my phone on the charger, and i watched it go from 7% slowly down to 0% and die. Afterwards, I experienced that same problem once again, where my battery will not ACCEPT the charge. Keep in mind, all my lights still come on, it registers that the phone is plugged in,and the charge screen does come up. It just stays at 1%. Please help. I am fed up and don't have money to buy a new phone but Do not want to spend money to fix this. 

13 REPLIES 13
Emperor
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

Re: Sony Xperia Z1 Battery DEAD?

@IneedAworkingPhone

Repair your phone with PCC if that doesn't work, contact your Local support

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 3 of 14
Message 3 of 14

I tried to plug it in, and PCC nor my computer can recognize the device. What exactly do you think support is gonna tell me? Hold PWR for 30 seconds? lol

Emperor
Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

@IneedAworkingPhone

I'm trying to help you here, connect the phone to a wall charger > press and hold power & volume up for 10-15 seconds > let it charge for 2 to 3 hours > repair it with PCC

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

I know, I didn't mean to come off as a grouch.. This has just got me frustrated. My apologies.. Uhm anyways, holding volume up and power, is a forceful reset right? so it made the phone vibrate like 4 times total. But nothing new has happened, battery is not showing that it is charging, just at 1% but I will leave it alone. Do you know, Is this a common problem? and is it a software problem? or something else.. Thanks for you help

Emperor
Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

@IneedAworkingPhone

hard to tell if it's a common problem or not, as this is a support forum, must users will post about issues here rather than good experiences, but I can tell you that it has happened to me, with an Xperia Z and Z1

Commissioner
Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

Hi IneedAworkingPhone

Welcome to the community

Here's how to run the repair on PC Companion:

1. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.
  2. Phone Software Update.
  3. Start.
  4. Repair Phone
  5. Continue
  6. Accept data removal
  7. Next
  8. Wait for prepare
  9. Select Phone
  10. Follow the connection steps

And Bridge for Mac:

1. Launch Bridge for MAC without the handset connected.
  2. On the Main Window select "Xperia > Repair Xperia Device".
  3. Ensure the phone is charged and select "Ok" in the following window.
  4. Select Continue on the following page.
  5. Wait until the initialising step is finished the continue as below.

6 . Select your model of phone from the list that appears

1. Follow the connection steps that appear, ensuring that you are holding the relevant button down before during and after the connection phase until the update/repair begins.

You will want to start these processes with the phone powered off and disconnected from the PC.

Message 8 of 14
Message 8 of 14

the flaw with this, is that to proceed with the repair, 1) the phone must be above 80% charge, where mine still resides at 0%-1% and 2) it has to be able to recognize the phone, which it cannot do. 

Emperor
Message 9 of 14
Message 9 of 14

@IneedAworkingPhone

I'm sorry to hear that, contact your Local support ASAP

Message 10 of 14
Message 10 of 14

I just ordered a Nexus 5x instead. This phone has broken on me so many times, im honestly just fed up with sony. They had my support from before, with an xperia P, and Xperia Z1. but Both phones had problems, I just have not had a good experience. its a shame because i love the phone and interface, very sleek and premium, but id rather have reliability.. Thanks for all the help though