account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Sony Xperia Z stuck on 10.1.A.1.434

One time poster
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Sony Xperia Z stuck on 10.1.A.1.434

Hi,

How do I make my phone update to 10.3.A.0.423 ?

I don't have a PC (only mac); both the upgrade functionality on the phone and mac software are saying I have the latest version.

I live in the UK and am on GiffGaff (PAYG).

Couldn't find a related thread to help on this.

Thanks for any help!

8 REPLIES 8
Visitor
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Sony Xperia Z stuck on 10.1.A.1.434

Try this brand new belgian rom but it's good with no bloatware. i'm running it. It's better than .423

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2385520

there is a guide too just follow the link

Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Here is the thread.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/142470?tstart=0

UK unlocked devices are 4 updates behind. Sony takes a dump on anyone who does not buy a branded device.

Go moan on their Facebook.page.

One time poster
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Thanks for the quick reply.

This is SO RUBBISH!!!!

What's the general strategy? Like spencer1620 is suggesting DIY updates?

Visitor
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

It sucks that you have to go down that route but it is quite easy but if you wait for Sony to release it you could be waiting along time

One time poster
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

I come from Apple (and might go back to it soon!)... is it as simple as updating and that's it? Will I require to install all the apps and data (photos, music, contacts, etc etc )?

Visitor
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

No you should retain all your bits if you follow the instructions but do make a backup before you go ahead

One time poster
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Thanks for the answer.

What does belgian rom mean? I live in the UK should I instead download the uk version found in the middle of the page here?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2240614

What does this mean as well?

Other brandings:

Generic BE

Generic ES

Thanks again !

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Hi, Belgian Rom is just the firmware from a Belgian carrier, There is no carrier branding it is going to be the same as a UK firmware when/if it's ever released.

as for the Generic BE/ES they are the unbranded/sim free firmware from Belgium and Spain they should both run very well and there will be very little difference between them.

The only other advice I can give is read the tutorial then read it again just to understand what you are doing before you do it.