account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony Xperia M Going To Get Android 4.4 Kitkat Soon

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 41 of 163
Message 41 of 163

Re: Sony Xperia M Going To Get Android 4.4 Kitkat Soon

Sony you are really doing a great job tops in smartphones as their Xperia line of Z1, Z2, and etc. But mid-range device still need a greater attention to these devices have low internal storage can not move apps to the memory card and the lack of updates for devices midrange know that not only tops dispsoitivos lines a company lives and it is necessary to pay more attention to appliances average game. I have a Sony Xperia M dual C2004 and am very dissatisfied with this unit 1 Giga left of internal storage for installing apps cartãod and have a 32 GB memory but can only move photos, videos and music apps can not which makes the device too bad. Not to mention the availability of Android that updated and very time-consuming way to a version that is old and that the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean still hope an update to version 4.4 Kit Kat as quickly as possible to correct these errors. So Sony is no use investing only in tops line devices, must also look at the devices and low average range who are also users and indicate your brand to others. You really need a major restructuring to match maybe like Motorola regards its customers deliver updates and resources prizes appliances medium and low range without charging more for it. Desire Success Sony and hopefully not need to buy a Motorola Moto G and sell my Xperia M.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 42 of 163
Message 42 of 163

Guys Microsoft offers apps to sd support with ability of moving app + data so I think android has a big competition Because unlike low end windows mobile powered phones low end android phones doesn't offer app to sd support. That's what all of us need right?
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 43 of 163
Message 43 of 163

The Sony Xperia E1 has the same amount of internal memory of the Sony Xperia Sony Xperia M and M Model C2004 has a dual processor and lower RAM and only 512 will receive the version 4.4 kit kat. Please listen to us users the Sony Xperia Sony dual model C2004 M and M Xperias generally give us the upgrade to Android 4.4 kat kit that automatically gives us the option to move apps to the SD card as the internal memory of Xperia M is very low as well as the Sony Xperia E1 then listen to us and give us the Kit Kat version 4.4 for Sony Xperia M dual model C2004. Thank you!

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 44 of 163
Message 44 of 163

Ability of moving apps to SD card doesn't come from KitKat. It depends on Sony's programmers. I have Z1 Compact with Kitkat 4.4.4 and there is no option for moving apps to SD card.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 45 of 163
Message 45 of 163

I think both c190x and c200x will get new update especially c190x because it has too many bugs on this latest version. I think they are building the 4.4 version although the version has not yet been tested by PTCRB.
Highlighted
Talent
Message 46 of 163
Message 46 of 163

Too many bugs? I only found one which is the changing theme causing the black volume bar and that's it. Though if you're rooted, delete android-res.apk which fixes the problem.
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 47 of 163
Message 47 of 163

xperia m kitkat version

Hi....! When will u release the kitkat os for sony xperia m.please revert me back.egarly waiting for that..
Thanks
Highlighted
Adept
Message 48 of 163
Message 48 of 163

Keep dreaming.
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 49 of 163
Message 49 of 163

For update android version 4.4 for xperia m dual

when xperia m dual will get latest android 4.4 update because lack of internal memory and unalbe to move apps to sd function it really **bleep**

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 50 of 163
Message 50 of 163

Re: For update android version 4.4 for xperia m dual

I've said it before and I'll say it again and again and again

This is a user support forum meaning we don't have any information regarding updates - Please read the rules before posting

Questions that can’t be answered on the support forum.

There are some type of questions that are impossible for us on the support forum to answer. Below you will find some examples on such questions and where to go for more information.

If you have questions like

When will XX software be released globally?
Will there be a maintenance release?

Please go to the News blog or our software update page where this information is shared.

When will XX software be released in my country?
Where do I hand in my phone for repair?
When is my repair finished?

Please contact us in your country/region.

How can I get my app promoted by Sony Xperia?
How can I learn more on Sony Xperia android development?
How do I develop applications for your devices?

Please go the Developer world site for more info.

Terms of use

By using this forum you agree to the following terms of use: http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/legal/terms-of-use/

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman